VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Which photo stitching software and/or tool that can stitch both vertically and horizontally from multiple images (including image sequences) perfectly without losing any quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Lots of photo editing software that will stitch horizontally, not too many will do vertically, but you can search on google for "photo stitcher". I found millions but didn't have the time to check any out for you.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you mean simple placement of horizontal and vertical "tiles" of same dimension images; or a real photo stitching application ?

A photo stitching application usually involves images with overlaps and distortion - e.g. you multiple photos taken a camera on roughly the same subject, while moving around . The software would adjust for differences in exposure, perspective, warping between the "seams" - this is what is usually referred to as "photo stitching"

Simple placement of tiles wouldn't perform any other operations, it would just position the images.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Did you mean simple placement of horizontal and vertical "tiles" of same dimension images; or a real photo stitching application ?

A photo stitching application usually involves images with overlaps and distortion - e.g. you multiple photos taken a camera on roughly the same subject, while moving around . The software would adjust for differences in exposure, perspective, warping between the "seams" - this is what is usually referred to as "photo stitching"

Simple placement of tiles wouldn't perform any other operations, it would just position the images.
    I mean a real photo stitching application.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't know of any stitching app that does what you want. But there must be some out there somewhere. Very difficult to do if photos are done with different exposures. Panoramic shots are usually done with the same camera but you move it a little each shot horizontally and the software puts it together. It is a panoramic setting on the camera. I never tried to do it vertically but you could try it and see what you get.

You could also do it by taking separate photos horizontally and then then separate photos vertically then you put them together yourself in Photoshop or equiv. Like poisondeathray suggests. But you won't be happy with the results and it takes a lot of work to do it correctly.
    Last edited by TreeTops; 31st Dec 2023 at 18:34.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Photostitcher
    Lightroom/Photoshop/AdobeCameraRaw
    PTGui
    Hugin
    Panorama Studio Pro

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. I remember quite a few years ago I would make photo collages and I would keep the files .bmp until I was finally satisfied and then I would save them as .jpeg The program I used was Irfanview. I have forgotten how I did it after all this time but I do remember I was able to both vertically and horizontally combine pictures.
    Quote Quote  
  8. None of the photostitchers are great in automatic mode, and none of them are absolutely seamless for everything - it depends on the specific images , their complexity and their range of differences. Often you have to make manual corrections, adjust control points, use masks . Sometimes for easy shots, they work ok with 1 click. YMMV
    Quote Quote