VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this video:

It has multiple subtitles ASS/Vobsub (and attached files for sub style), audio in FLAC, DTS, Vorbis and etc.

I want to keep absolutely everything sub-related as is (their fonts attachments, the color, style, etc), but encoding the video to h264 and all the audio streams as Vorbis in FFMPEG. What syntax should i use?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Drag & drop your movie, click main, click encode videostream, set resize or keep size,
    set x264 as encoder, make your settings and click encode.
    If finished, click multiplex, the new created videostream is shown in green, deselect the original videostream (the blue one) and click multiplex.
    Done
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Drag & drop your movie, click main, click encode videostream, set resize or keep size,
    set x264 as encoder, make your settings and click encode.
    If finished, click multiplex, the new created videostream is shown in green, deselect the original videostream (the blue one) and click multiplex.
    Done
    I see...i'll check it out.

I was hoping for a FFMPEG syntax so i could study it to see why what i tried did not work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Actually, i can't get it working with clever Ffmpeg-GUI, it doesn't process it correctly.

Anyone knows a FFMPEG syntax to keep all the subtitles, all the audios, all the attached files (fonts, etc) and all the subtitles style (size, color and etc) while changing the video stream encode?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Unknown01 View Post
    Actually, i can't get it working with clever Ffmpeg-GUI, it doesn't process it correctly.
    Could you specify the problem?
    What exactly isn't correctly processed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Unless I am mistaken, you don't need to do anything. Notice the codec says "AVC"? AVC == H264.
    Similarly, HEVC == H265.

If there is something you need to do, which I doubt but is possible if your player app is real picky about codec fourcc codes, is edit the codec fourcc code/tag from AVC to H264. Which any hex editor should be able to do in 5 seconds.

If that isn't it, look more at the details of the codec: perhaps it is 10bit, or perhaps the header stripping is affecting playback recognition.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FFMPEG uses the map parameter to process all streams, if there is only one input file it would be "-map 0".

The -c parameter specifies which codec to use to process them, if you don't want it to convert them then -c copy, but this would not process anything. I guess you already use the -c parameter somewhere to indicate the video codec. To copy only the audio and subtitle streams would be "-c:a copy -c:s copy", the attachments cannot be converted so it always copies them. Now to specify the audio streams to convert, as far as I can see they are the first 2 audio streams, it would be "-c:a:0 libvorbis -c:a:1 libvorbis"

The final command would look something like this

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "input.mkv" -map 0 [your_video_parameters]  -c:a copy -c:s copy -c:a:0 libvorbis -c:a:1 libvorbis "output.mkv"
    But this is just an explanation, don't expect the command to work as-is
    Quote Quote