From my friend Francesco, the summary of a great year for AviSynth, in one of the major Telecommunications platform:

When it comes to me, all I can say is that it's been another great year for Avisynth at Sky, with the old 6 on prem servers with 56c/112th each now being actively helped by 100 elastic 8c/8th (c6i.2xlarge) + 5 elastic 16c/16th (c6i.4xlarge) cloud servers running on AWS in Ireland which are dynamically created to cope with the demand. Last year, we encoded 174,791 files while this year we're up 16% to 207,672 files, but the important thing is that 32,103 of those (15%) were processed entirely in the cloud, which is rather remarkable. Avisynth and x26x, BMX Transwrap, Libav etc are now handling the overwhelming majority of files going through our systems, slowly but surely reducing the impact of expensive proprietary closed source solutions in favor of free open source ones, which is a great success for the wider Open Source community here on Doom9 which I'm proud to be part of!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1995401#post1995401