VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a homemade DVD-RW disc that I created few years ago. I can't remember which DVD burner I used but it could have been a Pioneer model that doesn't work anymore. There is still about 1 hour of available space on it (made a note on a label) and this is why I didn't finalize it at the time.
    I am using today an external DVD burner but it doesn't load the disc.
    I tried few software like Nero Video, Nero Recode, Nero Rescue without luck. Only Isobuster seems to be able to recover it but it is not worth it to pay for the license.
    I could just format the disc and forget about it as the content is probably not worth the trouble, but I have several unfinalized discs and I would like to find a cheap solution for this.
    Thanks for recommendations.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Thanks.
    It doesn't install on Windows 11 (64Bit)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Thanks.
    It doesn't install on Windows 11 (64Bit)
    You need a vmd like this:
    https://github.com/otya128/winevdm/releases/download/v0.9.0/otvdm-v0.9.0.zip
    to run 16 bit applications on Windows 64bit.

Read more here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/modern-work-app-consult-blog/running-16-bit-app...t/ba-p/1671418
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I remembered that those unfinalized DVD's were recorded using a standalone DVD recorder that has 160GB HDD. The model is Pioneer DVR-540H-S.
    I stopped using it many years ago and today I hooked it up to my TV. The remote buttons are all sticky and hard to navigate.
    I will look for a replacement remote controller or try to clean the buttons which is not going to be an easy task.
    Anyway I managed to finalize few DVD's and then I will copy to the PC HDD and format the DVD-RW or throw away the DVD-R discs.
    It served me well during those years until the cost of HDD's came down, making recording to DVD's less attractive.
    Just think about it. A WD MyPassport 5TB the size of my palm can hold over 1000 DVD discs.
    I wonder what we will have 10 years from today.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Pioneer recorder video output doesn't look so good on my TV screen. I am using SCART-SCART cable.
    I have also Components output and Component Input on the TV but I don't have a component cable. Would it make much difference if I buy one?
    The remote buttons are really bad. I ordered a replacement which might take about a month to arrive.
    Quote Quote