VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. @SkyBlues: Maybe this is an opportunity? I didn't try, so no recommendation, just an option ....
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388684-Vegas-Pro-14-available-for-20#post2716693
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks johnmeyer. Vegas pro edit is Ģ199. here in the UK I will look at the free download today. Thank you for the links with my track record I will definately need help!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Sharc. I will look at that link. I wasn't able to get Gaussianblur() working so I took Sharc's advice and used Blur() 4 times. I'm not sure what the best values are, changing them didn't seem to alter much. I have read chain negatives values can cause problems so I avoided this, although minus values didn't encroach as badly on the bottom brown bar.
    I haven't used a denoiser, I struggled to find a denoiser compatible with the YV16 planer. I was hoping someone may have the MCDegrainSharp() script.

I'm guessing line 16 can be removed it's only for showing the two clips side by side? Thanks.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharc script Line 16 StackHorizontal.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	75716  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sharc script minus Line 13 StackHorizontal.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	75717  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Retinex is for experimenting. You would actually have to evaluate its effect on the entiere clip including varyous scenes with various exposures. Maybe at the end you skip it alltogether and be done with the levels adjustments tweaks (lines 13, 14).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Sharc. I will have a look at what you did in post 21# and post after Christmas. Thank you for your help. Wishing you and everyone on videohelp a Great Christmas.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an alternative version, using a technique spotted in the doom9 forum.
    Code:
    lwlibavvideosource("C:\Users\davex\Downloads\tape 12 overexposed 3.avi")
    assumetff()
    separatefields().vinverse().weave()
    qtgmc(preset="medium")
    crop(10,8,-14,-8)
    overlay(autolevels(1).invert().hdragc(10,10,max_sat=1.0).invert(), opacity=0.55)
    levels(29,1.0,255,0,255) # << works for this clip to increase contrast
    convertToyv12()
    Regarding the noise in the shadows, it comes from hdragc, you can use the "reducer" operand to lessen it. eg:
    Code:
    hdragc(10,10,max_sat=1.0,reducer=1.0)
    (The clip below was with it set to default (0.5) )
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 25th Dec 2023 at 16:46.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks davexnet. That looks good also. The colors look suprisingly vivid. I could try a denoiser to remove the grain. I will have a look at that after Chritmas and post. Thank you for your help. Have a Great Christmas.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SkyBlues2021 View Post
    Thanks davexnet. That looks good also. The colors look suprisingly vivid. I could try a denoiser to remove the grain. I will have a look at that after Chritmas and post. Thank you for your help. Have a Great Christmas.
    Appreciate that, you too
    Quote Quote  
  9. overlay(autolevels(1).invert().hdragc(10,10,max_sa t=1.0).invert(), opacity=0.55)
    levels(29,1.0,255,0,255) # << works for this clip to increase contrast
    Thatwas a really nice idea! (sadly HDRAGC is 32bit and Avisynth only )
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Selur. I tried what Sharc mentioned in post#21 using smoothlevels which does seem to improve it overall. I know I've got to be realistic and I'm probably not going to get much more improvement than this Thanks Sharc, I should have listened earlier!

Name:	Tape 12 & Tape 11 script smoothlevels.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	75835  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still learning about Smoothlevels() Is it better if you use this before QTGMC() in the scipt? Thanks.

Name:	Smoothlevels before QTGMC in script.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	75896  

Quote Quote  
  12. Your eyes decide - if you see a difference at all.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Sharc. They look the same to me on my monitor. I will take a look on my TV. I thought I read somewhere that you should do any color work before QTGMC() but I'm probably gettting confused with something else. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just watched both on my TV and I couldn't see any difference. I just wasn't sure if there is a preferred order when deinterlacing videos? Thanks.
    Quote Quote