VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I bought season 2 of Astro Boy on Microsoft Store and I downloaded it but they are mp4 files playable only on Movies & TV whereas I want to play it with VLC, the file is called "01 The Blue Knight_SMID0ABC66D7-2D8F-4E72-AC59-56A75B5BC52E.MP4" and the weird characters remind me of a key (perhaps DRM).

I tested everything, UniConverter, MKVtoolNix, Handbrake, Filmora, FFmpeg, but none know how to re-encode the video
    And When on "Movies & TV" I take a screenshot it appears black or green ?!
    How can I get VLC

| MetaData By Medinfo |
    v v
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by SoffQoffWord; 20th Dec 2023 at 16:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SoffQoffWord View Post
    Hello, I bought season 2 of Astro Boy on Microsoft Store and I downloaded it but they are mp4 files playable only on Movies & TV whereas I want to play it with VLC, the file is called "01 The Blue Knight_SMID0ABC66D7-2D8F-4E72-AC59-56A75B5BC52E.MP4" and the weird characters remind me of a key (perhaps DRM).

I tested everything, UniConverter, MKVtoolNix, Handbrake, Filmora, FFmpeg, but none know how to re-encode the video
    How can I get VLC

| MetaData By Medinfo |
    v v
    Try to shorten the file name to video1.mp4 for example. VLC doesn't like long file names.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SoffQoffWord View Post
    Hello, I bought season 2 of Astro Boy on Microsoft Store and I downloaded it but they are mp4 files playable only on Movies & TV whereas I want to play it with VLC, the file is called "01 The Blue Knight_SMID0ABC66D7-2D8F-4E72-AC59-56A75B5BC52E.MP4" and the weird characters remind me of a key (perhaps DRM).

How can I get VLC

| MetaData By Medinfo |
    v v
    The videos purchased from the Microsoft store are indeed DRM protected. if I recall correctly, it's PlayReady DRM. I don't know what (if anything) can remove it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote