VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! I recently purchased a Wolverine pro to convert late 50s/early 60s 8mm home movies. Many of these films are dark. When I convert and increase the exposure, the background details are greatly enhanced, but the foreground (people) get washed out or I lose detail. Is there a video editing software that would let me keep the best of both worlds? Mix the enhanced exposure of background with the normal exposure of people?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Michelle Mann View Post
    Hello! I recently purchased a Wolverine pro to convert late 50s/early 60s 8mm home movies. Many of these films are dark. When I convert and increase the exposure, the background details are greatly enhanced, but the foreground (people) get washed out or I lose detail. Is there a video editing software that would let me keep the best of both worlds? Mix the enhanced exposure of background with the normal exposure of people?
    Pretty much any half-decent NLE allows changing black level, white level and gamma curve.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Michelle Mann View Post
    Hello! I recently purchased a Wolverine pro to convert late 50s/early 60s 8mm home movies. Many of these films are dark. When I convert and increase the exposure, the background details are greatly enhanced, but the foreground (people) get washed out or I lose detail. Is there a video editing software that would let me keep the best of both worlds? Mix the enhanced exposure of background with the normal exposure of people?
    Maybe Video to Video can help, after adding an video you can click 'Extra Filters' and from here there are some choices for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue and allso an section 'Other Filters' such as Sharpen, Denoise, Noise, Fade in, Invert, Deshake, Kernel Deinterlacer and Delogo, each of theese filters then allso have various functions to customize the effect of the filter! and many other stuff that might help out! It is avalible for download here on VideoHelp!

Edit: It allso have options to keep the original codec (copy).
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 17th Dec 2023 at 16:34.
    Quote Quote