VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone.
    I'm trying to change the subtitles to a DVD, but I'm running into this problem and can't continue.
    The DVD has 4 chapters in the VTS_01, with pgcdemux I extract each chapter to change its subtitle, when it comes to replacing the chapters with Vobblanker, I only have one VTS and the 4 of each chapter already changed.
    What software should I use to continue with the compilation? Or do I have to perform other steps for this type of DVD?
    [Attachment 75572 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 75571 - Click to enlarge]

Greetings Lucho
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't you extract the entire video ("by PGC"), rather than doing it by chapters, followed by extracting the subtitles for editing?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your answer manono.
    I have not tried it, but it happens that the subtitles that I will use are on a DVD and each chapter is on a VTS.
    And now I don't know the software to use to join these 4 chapters into a single file, or does it have to be done manually?
    Quote Quote  
  4. But the entire film is in VTS_01.VOB right? Along with subs for the entire film?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can replace individual cells (basically chapters) in VobBlanker. So there would be no need to join chapters with other software.

But then again, why don't you just work with the entire PGC rather than chapters?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    But the entire film is in VTS_01.VOB right? Along with subs for the entire film?
    Thanks for responding @manono

Yes, the chapters of the original DVD are all in VTS_01.
    And the chapters of the DVD from which I want to extract the subtitles are each in a different VTS.
    That's why I can't replace with vobblanker.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    You can replace individual cells (basically chapters) in VobBlanker. So there would be no need to join chapters with other software.

But then again, why don't you just work with the entire PGC rather than chapters?
    Thanks for responding @Skiller.

I suppose your answer is like that since I didn't explain it well in the post.
    I have an original DVD in which the 4 chapters are in a single VTS, and another from which I want to extract the subtitles (to add them to the original DVD) that has each of these 4 chapters in a different VTS.
    Replace the cells with vobblanker, each DVD being like this I wouldn't know how to do it.
    And working with PGC, I don't know what you mean.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    PGC = Program Chain; basically one movie or one episode within a VTS (Video Title Set). There may be many PGCs within a VTS, but often there is only one, which would then mean PGC = VTS.

I understand the issue now. Unfortunately that means you will have to merge the subtitles into one long subtitle in a subtitle editor, because the time codes will never fit otherwise. The time codes start at zero with each individual VTS of the DVD to take the subtitles from, whereas they need to be continous within one PGC.

It would basically work like this:

1) Demux everything of both DVDs using PgcDemux
    2) Merge subtitles using SubtitleEdit
    3) Remux using MuxMan
    4) Replace entire PGC of original DVD with new one using VobBlanker
    Quote Quote