VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It has recently been revealed that there are cheap digitisers being advertised as IOData GV-USB2. This is one such listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364202151020

[Attachment 75463 - Click to enlarge]

Be warned: this is not a GV-USB2 and is a fake.

A real GV-USB2 looks like this:

[Attachment 75464 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not just eBay, but Alibaba/Aliexpress, Amazon, Walmart, and others. This has been going on for most of 2023 from what I can tell. I've known about this for a while now, months, and posted about in on VH yesterday.

All the stock photo listing are suspect as well. The Chinese sellers ("in Japan", HA!) refer to the Easycraps as "upgraded models".

This card became somewhat of a meme in the past 18 months, and Chinese scammers latched onto it. Newbies are suckers, don't know what they're buying, and these Chinese SOBs take advantage of them.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRm7d7cBbs&pp=ygUaaW8gZGF0YSB1c2IgZ3YtdXNiMiBKYXBhbiA%3D

Old video of the io data gv-usb2
    Showing a completely different looking model but the box looks similar to the one on sale.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, that's a GV-USB.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    No, that's a GV-USB.
    It's still an io data that looks different to the current one.
    I wonder what the difference is in quality?
    Does anyone know what parts it has inside?
    Has anyone got this model I have never seen it sell!

The one shown in this thread is a generic unbranded easycap how could anyone mix the two?

They both look different the genuine Gv-usb2 has io data inscribed on it in white text while the fake generic unbranded easycap does not, the ebay listing just adds the name in the title.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They both look different the genuine Gv-usb2 has io data inscribed on it in white text while the fake generic unbranded easycap does not, the ebay listing just adds the name in the title.
    Yes, but unless you knew what a real GV-USB2 looks like, why would you expect it to have "IOData" written on the side?

I've reported the seller of this to Ebay.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Yes, but unless you knew what a real GV-USB2 looks like, why would you expect it to have "IOData" written on the side?

I've reported the seller of this to Ebay.
    I understand but anyone buying should expect the brand name written on the product

I see that the seller has ended the listing for the fake item shown.
    Quote Quote