VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have recently installed AIO to my new PC build. At first I wanted to install it at the top of the case, but discovered that there isn't enough space to clear the motherboard. In the end I installed it on the front of the case.

After watching several videos, the top installation is done with the fans facing the inside of the case and the radiator facing the top of the case.
    I used this method to install the AIO at the front, with the fans facing the inside of the case and the radiator facing the outside of the case.

BUT I watched other videos with front installation where the radiator is installed facing the inside of the case and the fans facing the outside of the case.

My question is which front installation is better for cooling the CPU and if the reason is to make the RGB control looks more impressive with the fans facing the inside of the case?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I have recently installed AIO to my new PC build. At first I wanted to install it at the top of the case, but discovered that there isn't enough space to clear the motherboard. In the end I installed it on the front of the case.

After watching several videos, the top installation is done with the fans facing the inside of the case and the radiator facing the top of the case.
    I used this method to install the AIO at the front, with the fans facing the inside of the case and the radiator facing the outside of the case.

BUT I watched other videos with front installation where the radiator is installed facing the inside of the case and the fans facing the outside of the case.

My question is which front installation is better for cooling the CPU and if the reason is to make the RGB control looks more impressive with the fans facing the inside of the case?
    Im not entirely sure what the fan look like, but not to worry to much about which side the lightning is facing, if you turn the fan the other way allso would mean the direction of the air is changing.. if one side would blow the air into the chassi and putting the fan the other way around would take air from the chassi and blow it out.. maybe if you have 1 fan blowing fresh cold air into the chassi it is allso nice with one blowing the heated air out of the chassi to get best effect! if it does not matter the led light facing might shine cool in the darkness or in an smokey area such as disco smoke when theyre attached with the screws on the same part as the lights (meaning the led light is on closest to the chassi). uneless the leds on your device is the opposit! then just switch it! try make the room dark, maybe add some type of smoke, see how it look! ellse i'd go with the beest cooling solution, 1 fan in 1 fan out! (best cold air = in, and the area with most heat = out, and if possible one more fan with cold air directly onto the heat areas, then if get one more fan you add one more cooling going in which give you 2 in 2 out).

Edit: If possible as you might notice the power supply take air and blow out allso, can add an fan to get cold air to the power supply area to cool it better! if you add an fan to blow out air close to the power supply will mean it get bad pressure since the air it supposed to take to cool is blowing away from this other fan, must turn the side then so it blow air into this area!

If this cooling get all wrong they probably have an other version to put the lights in the same direction but the air go the other way!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 11th Dec 2023 at 14:13.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    I don't use RGB at all. All I want to know is if the fans of the AIO with front side installation should be installed facing the inside of the case or facing the outside or it doesn't really matter?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fan pushes cool outside air through radiator, so fan is on the outside sucking in. Have a look at this NZXT video (2:50):

https://youtu.be/Spd5XJ97gpM

I've also got two top fans and one rear fan sucking out case air.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Fan pushes cool outside air through radiator, so fan is on the outside sucking in. Have a look at this NZXT video (2:50):

https://youtu.be/Spd5XJ97gpM

I've also got two top fans and one rear fan sucking out case air.
    Thanks.
    This Thermaltake video shows the fans mounted facing the inside of the case (see 3:05). This is how I installed mine. As I mentioned before, I don't care about the RGB lights.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbevi0SYnI&ab_channel=ThermaltakeAustralia
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Install the radiator so that its fans draw air into the case as previously advised.

However, you may need more intake fans. When installing fans, the goal is to create "positive pressure" inside the case. This requires installing enough intake fans to pull a greater volume of air into the case than is pushed out of the case by the exhaust fans. The reason for doing this is to prevent dust from being drawn in through openings/gaps in the case where there are no dust filters installed.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote