VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A complex problem I ran into was that on one job I'm doing in Subtitle Edit loading the waveform was not possible.
    It just happens on this one piece of content and does not repeat on my various backups-- just on one disk.

I've swapped out that HD but it means I have different programs on opposite (backup) machines. I can deal with that but what causes a screen-- the screen shows indexes but just no waveform as if something is being overwritten -- on this one instance? Watching carefully I can see the video load, the 'click to install wave form' appears and is quickly overwritten. This happens every time. I've asked SE about this directly but heard nothing more on it.

So if I put on an alternate video player could that solve the problem or is there a way to delete and download the MVR player fresh?
    Last edited by loninappleton; 9th Dec 2023 at 15:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A quick test might be to download https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases/download/4.0.2/SubtitleEditBeta.zip
    Extract the files to a folder, somewhere, and see what happens when you load your file into a clean copy of Subtitle Edit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for answering. I do not understand all the install process of SE. I tried a scratch install as you say to an SSD on D:
    but it looked up anything from C:

Unrelated but I continue to have to run sfx /scannow for SE freezeups. It pops right on while SFC is running at about 20% or so.

What I wanted to do in this question is just delete and reinstall MPV.

Pursuing this: I just hit the download button to get a fresh MPV, then restarted. No Change.
    VLC and Media Player are greyed out. Only thing that the search box in the Video setup gives is for VLC portable
    which is not in my programs. I'm just seeking a workaround for this peculair problem of not being able to load and view the
    audio wave form.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Close SE and delete these 2 files.
    If your WAVform is not loading there is probably something wrong with the file.
    Or there's an alternative method in the settings where you can setup FFmpeg for this
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mpv.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	75441  

Quote Quote  
  5. Dave the screenshot shows what I see--- only one dll not related to mpv on my Win7 install.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	se dlls.png
Views:	25
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	75458  

Quote Quote  
  6. Following up. I also looked at my Win10 PC-- no such dlls in the SE Progrms folder there either.

Do I have to check that other locaton for SE > I never can remember anything about how to get there.
    C: > Users > lon > something... and the hidden folder is... hidden. I can't see it at all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Progress...

Found one mpv dll in users > myfolder > appdata > roaming > subtitle edit > files > libmvp-2.dll

I deleted that... it is in the trash bin.

I'll report back after a restart-- or something.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mpv is the video engine, I don't think that's going to affect whether the wavform comes up.
    You should look at problems in the file itself.
    Start off with a mediainfo report to see if you can spot anything, and/or
    remux to a new MKV with mkvtoolnix
    Quote Quote  
  9. Solved.

Most recent load of the mkv showed the audio window displaying the proper message to click to add wave form
    and the wave form was added properly so far as I can tell without a full work session.

Then what was the mpv-2 dll doing and why is it not missed?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Solved.

Most recent load of the mkv showed the audio window displaying the proper message to click to add wave form
    and the wave form was added properly so far as I can tell without a full work session.

Then what was the mpv-2 dll doing and why is it not missed?
    SE doesn't need this file. If you unpack the zip (portable) or do the install,
    that file is not included. I believe it gets added when you click on "download mpv lib"
    on the settings/video player tab
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Thanks for answering. I do not understand all the install process of SE. I tried a scratch install as you say to an SSD on D:
    but it looked up anything from C:

Unrelated but I continue to have to run sfx /scannow for SE freezeups. It pops right on while SFC is running at about 20% or so.

What I wanted to do in this question is just delete and reinstall MPV.

Pursuing this: I just hit the download button to get a fresh MPV, then restarted. No Change.
    VLC and Media Player are greyed out. Only thing that the search box in the Video setup gives is for VLC portable
    which is not in my programs. I'm just seeking a workaround for this peculair problem of not being able to load and view the
    audio wave form.

The above should read sfc for System File Checker /scannow.

A correction better late than not at all.
    Quote Quote