VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For Android/Android TV? I want to install it on a FireStick for playing videos on my Streaming Stick
    Last edited by sluggerb; 8th Dec 2023 at 20:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sluggerb View Post
    For Android/Android TV? I want to install it on a FireStick for playing videos on my Streaming Stick
    I searched for it on the Google Play Store. PotPlayer is not available there. There is another app with a very similar name there, "Pot Player", which is completely unrelated to the PotPlayer that is popular with Windows users.

[Edit] However, VLC for Android is available from Google Play. It isn't quite the same as VLC for Windows but it isn't terrible. I have it installed on my two Chromecast with Google TV devices.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 8th Dec 2023 at 21:24.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use vlc for my android,don't care about potplayer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    My goal is to play YouTube videos in an external player and at least on a Windows PC PotPlayer is far superior to VLC in that regards,
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    My goal is to play YouTube videos in an external player and at least on a Windows PC PotPlayer is far superior to VLC in that regards,
    It's hard to believe that the YouTube app for FireSticks doesn't work for what you want to watch on YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It's hard to believe that the YouTube app for FireSticks doesn't work for what you want to watch on YouTube.
    The YouTube player on Firestick drastically increases the color saturation and red shifts the color profile in the video. Google is slowly rolling this change out to video players for all it's platforms. It did this to Chrome and Android / Firestick months ago. They just rolled it out to Roku on the 6th

I suffers from a visual disability impacted by oversaturation and incorrect color spaces. I can solve the issue by launching a YouTube video with PotPlayer in a profile with the saturation reduced 50% and manually setting the output color profile. This undoes the change Google made and allows me to watch YouTube pain free. I make a Windows desktop app to allow me to browse YoutTube videos and then launch them in PotPlayer with these settings, I was hoping there was an Android version of PotPlayer so I could try and make an app to do it on Firestick, but looks like I am out of luck until Google decides to start giving a shit about it's users and their experience, which means never
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The YouTube player on Firestick drastically increases the color saturation and red shifts the color profile in the video. Google is slowly rolling this change out to video players for all it's platforms. It did this to Chrome and Android / Firestick months ago. They just rolled it out to Roku on the 6th

I suffers from a visual disability impacted by oversaturation and incorrect color spaces. I can solve the issue by launching a YouTube video with PotPlayer in a profile with the saturation reduced 50% and manually setting the output color profile. This undoes the change Google made and allows me to watch YouTube pain free. I make a Windows desktop app to allow me to browse YoutTube videos and then launch them in PotPlayer with these settings, I was hoping there was an Android version of PotPlayer so I could try and make an app to do it on Firestick, but looks like I am out of luck until Google decides to start giving a shit about it's users and their experience, which means never
    Even if PotPlayer were ported to Android you might not have those settings available. The Android versions of various apps I've also used on my Windows PCs seem stripped down compared to the Windows versions.
    Quote Quote