VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I already told you what I think the problem was. Re-read my comments, and the fix, which you have quoted TWICE. I will not repeat it again.

DVD-flick possibly does not like mkvs whereas DVD Styler and AVStoDVD are more compliant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm wanting to put an update out now

I was able to make 2 successful previews

1. One that just had a built in template
    2. With the custom backgrounds i wanted

I also made a successful disc with everything i wanted i only made 2 mistakes that were my fault i put some episodes out of order and i forgot to add a select button on the menu screen I'll look around to fixing that

I have 2 final questions can i just use the same file and just swap episodes since i want to use the same menu and chapters screen for every disc? And how could i delete each set of files once i burn them to regain space?
    Last edited by TheCurious?; 10th Dec 2023 at 17:40.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While editing some DVD project in DVD Styler, I successfully deleted videos that had already auto-generated chapters, replacing them with other videos. DVD Styler does a good job removing the chapters and auto-generating new ones when adding different videos.

In addition, when using mkv files, be sure about the video track. The episode you shared earlier has a HVEC (H265) video, which is not supported as much as H264. Nevertheless, I was able to create a DVD from a template using chapters (not titles). Two chapters were auto-generated and the DVD was created, which I could play without problem using MPC-HC.

As the video track in your mkv file has 29fps, I generated a NTSC 16:9 DVD using 2-pass VBR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by munair View Post
    While editing some DVD project in DVD Styler, I successfully deleted videos that had already auto-generated chapters, replacing them with other videos. DVD Styler does a good job removing the chapters and auto-generating new ones when adding different videos.

In addition, when using mkv files, be sure about the video track. The episode you shared earlier has a HVEC (H265) video, which is not supported as much as H264. Nevertheless, I was able to create a DVD from a template using chapters (not titles). Two chapters were auto-generated and the DVD was created, which I could play without problem using MPC-HC.

As the video track in your mkv file has 29fps, I generated a NTSC 16:9 DVD using 2-pass VBR.
    Well i meant deleting the files of completed discs I've already made 3 and working on 4 but I'm curious how can i delete my previous discs data to save space?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gee man !

There is nothing 'special' about deleting data after you successfully burn the folders to disc (and confirm that the disks are working)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You mean deleting the generated DVD, i.e. vob files? Just go to the folder where DVD Styler generated your DVD (which you already burned to disk as you said) and delete it together with the audio_ts and video_ts folders.

Edit: Sorry DB83, I missed your reply. I agree.
    Quote Quote