VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there. I feel like I have been around in circles searching all posts related to hardcoding the MKV soft subtitles onto mp4 or avi. I don't have a separate file for the subtitles. My other option would be to hardcode them from mkv to mkv then just use my normal converter afterwards so I can have it in a format that plays through my tv. It's such a pain but I cannot understand Dutch lol.

I have tried ffmpeg, works great but doesn't include the subtitles. I have tried these:

Code:
    set videos="C:\Temp\video.mkv"
    set output="C:\Temp\newfiles\new.mp4"
    for /r %%f in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%f" -c:v copy -c:a copy -map 0 -c:s copy %output%
    pause
    also

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "Temp\newfiles\new.mp4"
    pause
    and

Code:
    set videos="C:\Temp\video.mkv"
    set output="C:\Temp\newfiles\new.mp4"
    for /r %%f in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%f" -c:v copy -c:a copy -filter_complex "[0:v:0][0:s:0]overlay[v]" -map "[v]" -map 0:s:0 -scodec copy -map 0:a:0  -acodec copy -c:v libx264 -crf 18 -c:s copy %output%
    pause

Any help appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use clever FFmpeg-GUI to burn in your embedded subtitle.
    Load your mkv, click main,click encode videostream, click keep size, select the video codec you want (x264 recommended), then do as shown in the video and click encode.

When this is finished, click multiplex, the new video stream with the burned-in subtitle is displayed in green, select it on the left, deselect the original video stream (the blue one), select the audio stream(s) on the left, select mp4 as container and click multiplex.
    Done.

[Attachment 75083 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by ProWo; 27th Nov 2023 at 02:45.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ProWo, 10/10! Worked brilliantly. Thank you very much! (:
    Quote Quote