VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Handbrake for all my video file conversions for years. I love the ease of use, the interface is very simple and easy to understand even for a beginner.
    What I am looking for is something similar for audio conversion, ringtone maker, file transfer from PC to Iphone etc.

Something free like Handbrake would be great but I am willing to pay for a good software that can do all mentioned above. I have been looking at the Nero Platinum suite (Black Friday sale today is even better) and Syncios software bundle for the ringtone maker and file transferring capabilities.

Your knowledge and options are greatly appreciated. TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bballnut View Post
    I have used Handbrake for all my video file conversions for years. I love the ease of use, the interface is very simple and easy to understand even for a beginner.
    What I am looking for is something similar for audio conversion, ringtone maker, file transfer from PC to Iphone etc.

Something free like Handbrake would be great but I am willing to pay for a good software that can do all mentioned above. I have been looking at the Nero Platinum suite (Black Friday sale today is even better) and Syncios software bundle for the ringtone maker and file transferring capabilities.

Your knowledge and options are greatly appreciated. TIA
    'SuperConv v.1.4' can convert videos to audio, but if you want ringtones format you can edit the 'Transcoding.ini' file to create your own 'profiles' and it allso have built in function to transfer to itunes (untested from my part), im not sure which formats can be added for audio! You can try add 'm4r' to get ringtone format.. It is an free program!

Edit: I realise now you wanted to convert audio files, i think it can convert audio files to an other format allso! And if you mean ringtone maker as in convert an audio file to an ringtone format, could work, but if you are looking for an ringtone maker that can create new sounds like have an piano in the program, then SuperConv cant help much for sure! it just convert files!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 24th Nov 2023 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Give audacity a try,i use it for all my audio conversions and it's free,just install ffmpeg addon if you want try it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I will give that a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Give audacity a try,i use it for all my audio conversions and it's free,just install ffmpeg addon if you want try it.
    It works like a charm. Thanks very much.

Once converted to the extension that was needed I just transferred the song to my iPhone.
    I bought WinX Mediatrans and it allowed me to make the ringtone from the new song that I had just transferred to my phone.
    Last edited by bballnut; 25th Nov 2023 at 01:25.
    Quote Quote