VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,
    we have already talked about this dvd months ago, but at the end I gave up cause I didn't understand what was the correct commands to use.
    old thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/406085-Sync-bd-dvd-interlaced-help-sample-included

anyway, please, if we can now start from scratch it would be better, i up a sample starting from the frame 0.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w4txea7zi94gze/A1_t00_track1_%5Beng%5D%20-%20sample.mkv?dl=0

First of all, I have to understand what is the speed of the DVD audio. is it 25fps?
    honestly idk, i don't understand,, i've tried to mux the bd video set at 25p with the dvd audio,
    and the out of sync at the end is about minutes. it's like the DVD audio is at 24000/1001,
    if facts the DVD lenght is the same as the BD.
    but I'm sure the DVD is not custom this time. shouldn't it be at 25p?
    muxing them empirically maintaining the BD at its speed, results the audio is almost perfectly in sync but 14 frames.

Then with the commands
    Code:
    TFM().TDecimate(Cycle=25, CycleR=1)
    AssumeFPS(25)
    some frames are duplicates. and the sync differs about 250 frames.

while with
    Code:
    ChangeFPS(24000,1001)
    the sync in avspmod is ok but 13 or 14 frames.
    anyway it's a problem cause the DVD has many interlaced frames and I cannot determine where exactly I have to cut the BD.

if i use
    Code:
    TFM().TDecimate(Cycle=25, CycleR=1)
    TDecimate(Cycle=1001, CycleR=1)
    the DVD is ok,I think I can edit the bd, but you know, it's very slow, it's barley impossible to handle it.
    isn't there another way that I can use to solve this "issue"?

anyway
    I usually deal with PAL DVDs at 25p, so the BD encode is at 25p too, but in this case
    I cannot understand why the DVD audio lenght is 24000/1001.
    does the DVD distributor didn't change the audio but they just added more frames to the video?
    I've never seen a thing like that before.

So pls help to understand what commands to use in order to match the BD and the DVD,
    I know maybe I have to edit the BD by adding o removing some frames,
    but first I have to be sure the DVD is correctly deinterlaced and has the correct speed.
    I have to use the untouched DVD audio to mux with the BD.

edit: well, I think there's no other way that continue with those ultra slow commands.
    i've asked where I will up this mux, if using this audio it will be a problem, if they say it's ok, I will continue..
    it's a lot of time to spend on.

edit2: the first frame out of sync it's in the sample, it's the number 21502.
    it looks like it's somehow different from the previous and the next.
    in avspmod that frame is missing, so I have to remove it on the BD too, or better remove the last of that scene change.

edit3: the 2nd frame that looks is missing in avspmod is the n° 23999 or some very close to that.
    it seems it's when an interlaced part in the middle of that scene begins.

edit: the 3rd frame is the n° 32073, that is doubled on the DVD.
    I'm starting to think TFM is not working 100% correctly.. idk..

is the DVD that is messed up or TFM() is misinterpreting the DVD?
    what command can I use intstead of TFM, so i can compare their results and see which one is better?
    Last edited by maudit; 18th Nov 2023 at 12:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    TFM()
    TDecimate(mode=7, rate=23.9760)
    would create 23.976 and seems fine in regard of duplicates, at a quick glance
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Code:
    TFM()
    TDecimate(mode=7, rate=23.9760)
    would create 23.976 and seems fine in regard of duplicates, at a quick glance
    thx a lot, this is much more faster, and it looks it's ok, but now, pressing F5 in the stackvertical script,
    or going backward/forward frame-by-frame, often results in an inaccurate frame,
    I mean it's all in sync, but as soon as I reload, the DVD frame changes to the previous one.
    This makes the syncing hard to do.
    It looks like if i press play, the sync goes correct, after all is better than before, I think I could try continue to sync them.

edit: just a doubt.
    can "rate=23.9760" be written with a fraction? or it's already accurate as the fraction 24000/1001 is?
    Last edited by maudit; 18th Nov 2023 at 13:38.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm on a weird scene change.
    This link shows makemkv vs stackvertical, the DVD is up on Stackvertical.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/bvx3s395zjo5ik51npapa/h?rlkey=4tuztjlylav9y4opkn4871vfm&dl=0

there are 2 duplicates close to eachother, across the scene change.
    The 1st, in the bar is a real dupe in the DVD, the 2nd, the car, is the result of TFM process.
    It's like previouses bad frames but this time, I have to add a frame in the BD instead of remove it.
    I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time with this mux.
    Last edited by maudit; 18th Nov 2023 at 14:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thx a lot, this is much more faster, and it looks it's ok, but now, pressing F5 in the stackvertical script,
    That sounds like an issue with your source filter.
    I would recommend DGDecNV or LWLibavSource.

'rate' accepts a float, so using 24000/1001.0 should work. (not that I think it makes a difference)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    thx a lot, this is much more faster, and it looks it's ok, but now, pressing F5 in the stackvertical script,
    That sounds like an issue with your source filter.
    I would recommend DGDecNV or LWLibavSource.

'rate' accepts a float, so using 24000/1001.0 should work. (not that I think it makes a difference)

I got an AMD GPU, so I think I can't use DGDecNV and I'm already using LWLibavVideoSource.
    for the stackvertical script I'm using DVD=Import("script path")
    about TDecimate(mode=7, rate=24000/1001.0), it works.. thanks! (I've unsuccesfully tried before but omitting the ".0", now it's OK.)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I got an AMD GPU, so I think I can't use DGDecNV
    Yeah, DGDecNV will need an NVIDIA card.

I'm already using LWLibavVideoSource.
    try whether it helps settings threads=1
    try latest version https://github.com/HomeOfAviSynthPlusEvolution/L-SMASH-Works/releases

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    try whether it helps settings threads=1
    Cu Selur
    fine, I've added that param, it seems LWLibav's behavior is now different...
    anyway, I'm close to give up, this DVD is really something bad.
    they are very few frames out of sync but is to find them that is very frustrating.
    this is until I'm arrived, 50m on a 3h movie, and I have to recheck them all now with this param..
    and I'm anyway sure not all the parts are perfectly in sync.
    cause for example it could be in sync at frame 31066, then continue to lost and regain the sync many times by 1or2 frames until 46397.
    ad so on. it's a mess.

Code:
    Loop(0,20974,20974) # -42 - 14:34.790
    Loop(0,23239,23239) # -42 - 16:09.259
    Loop(2,31066,31066) # 42 - 21:35.711
    Loop(0,46397,46397) # -42 - 32:15.141
    Loop(0,46741,46741) # -83 - 32:29.489
    Loop(2,69533,69533) # 42 - 48:20.105
    Loop(0,72412,72412) # -42 - 50:20.183
    Last edited by maudit; 18th Nov 2023 at 16:22.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If I understand correctly, you want to mux the DVD audio with the BD video.
    Then why so complicated via avisynth?

Use clever FFmpeg-GUI.

Load your DVD video, click main, click encode audio stream, select the audio stream (if there are several), click >>>.
    Then select as marked in red on the photo and click encode.
    Done.

You have now your new audio stream with the adjusted length and pitch.

[Attachment 74954 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote