VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear forum members!

Could you please recommend good books, articles and manuals for development of means of protection against downloading and copying of photo and video materials?

I am very interested in this topic.

Thank you all so much for the reply!

Best wishes, Joseph.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Joseph.

Joseph, Joseph, Joseph,
    There are already out there quite complex methods of media copy protection, created over years by corporations whose purpose was specifically to maintain the value of their intellectual property. And all the major, successful ones have pretty much been bypassed/hacked/reverse engineered, or or even bruteforce attacked.
    I'm not saying don't get interested in it, or even attempt your own algorithms if you have some unique, new perspective on the issue, but you would very likely be reinventing the wheel, with much less resources than those mentioned corporations. If you attempt this, do so soberly in the knowledge of the history of CP.
    Bluntly, if it can be shared & viewed, it can be copied/downloaded. So the ONLY way to truly avoid copying & downloading, is to NOT SHARE on the Internet.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello, Mr. Scott.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, of course, I understand that the development of protection tools has been carried out by corporations for many years. Regarding video content, in the 21st century, online course owners use small video security development companies to effectively sell video lessons.

I did not ask this question for the purpose of obtaining commercial benefits or circumventing the protection and distribution of any products. I am very interested in the development itself, the technical component, the device and the implementation of information protection, in particular photo and video materials, so I would like to read books, articles and manuals on this topic.
    Perhaps, I don't argue, someday I will want to put these algorithms into reality, but for now I don't pursue such goals.
    I agree with you completely that if a photo/video is viewable, it is not difficult to save it. Avoiding this is impossible, so the only solution is not to engage in distribution.

Regards, Joseph
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Joseph_1565 View Post
    Hello, Mr. Scott.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, of course, I understand that the development of protection tools has been carried out by corporations for many years. Regarding video content, in the 21st century, online course owners use small video security development companies to effectively sell video lessons.

I did not ask this question for the purpose of obtaining commercial benefits or circumventing the protection and distribution of any products. I am very interested in the development itself, the technical component, the device and the implementation of information protection, in particular photo and video materials, so I would like to read books, articles and manuals on this topic. I'm currently using the help of assignment writers for my course project on medical content protection. I asked the guys at https://essays.edubirdie.com/assignment-writing-service to prepare a text part for me, since I don’t have time to find courses. But ideally I want to study this topic and increase my level of competence in the future. Perhaps, I don't argue, someday I will want to put these algorithms into reality, but for now I don't pursue such goals. I agree with you completely that if a photo/video is viewable, it is not difficult to save it. Avoiding this is impossible, so the only solution is not to engage in distribution.

Regards, Joseph

Hi, Joseph, did you manage to find anything worthwhile?
    Last edited by ensieluna12; 21st Feb 2024 at 09:58.
    Quote Quote