VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone !

I am new user in this forum, nice to meet you !

I am looking for glasses (not sunglasses) with hidden camera not noticeable for lessons recording purpose.

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07MH2BP1B

This product is good when it comes to a hidden camera not noticeable and looks likes a normal glasses for reading,

BUT THE PROBLEM is the quality of the camera is BAD even when I am near the chalkboard/projection screen the small words/other details are blurry I can't see clearly when watching the recorded video and even the manufactor said it is 1080p quality but it is worse than 720p... And it lasts only 70min for recording but it is not a big problem for me.

I am afraid of buying another product and lose my money again if the camera quality is bad,

That is why if you have used differents products similar to this product, glasses (not sunglasses) that have hidden camera not noticeable and of course THE MOST IMPORTANT a high quality camera, please share your experience or give your advices.

I don't care about the price if it does the work.

Thank you !
    Last edited by aer1231; 15th Nov 2023 at 08:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aer1231 View Post
    Hi Everyone !

I am looking for glasses (not sunglasses) with hidden camera not noticeable for lessons recording purpose.

I have this one:

This product is good when it comes to a hidden camera not noticeable and looks likes a normal glasses for reading,

BUT THE PROBLEM is the quality of the camera is BAD even when I am near the chalkboard/projection screen the small words/other details are blurry I can't see clearly when watching the recorded video and even the manufactor said it is 1080p quality but it is worse than 720p... And it lasts only 70min for recording but it is not a big problem for me.

I am afraid of buying another product and lose my money again if the camera quality is bad,

That is why if you have used differents products similar to this product, glasses (not sunglasses) that have hidden camera not noticeable and of course THE MOST IMPORTANT a high quality camera, please share your experience or give your advices.

I don't care about the price if it does the work. I live in a country of EU, that is why I prefer the shipping inside the EU.

Thank you !
    This sound a lil bit illegal to record people like this! But if you can live with any type of recording equipment it is pretty easy to drill an hole in the wall and put the camera in the hole and put an piece of glass over it and paint it with an special color that this camera is specialized to be able to record thru this paint... if the wall use wallpaper i dont know! Then maybe it get easier to find an high quality camera with better memory to use for this! Some even accept wifi connections and the recording can be stored directly to the computer or into an network storage.. sometimes they even provide an website for the camera that you can visit from the internet!

Edit: Many people that is into aquariums, terrariums or sometimes have an sick animal in some way often get theese type of cameras to keep track of their animals! If you cant find an real good camera easily on the internet, such people into theese things might be able to help out find the hardware allso if you're into having one with wifi and this website that comes with the camera! Maybe they even let you come check out the camera before purchase!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 14th Nov 2023 at 12:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Swedaniel View Post
    Hi Everyone !

I have this one:

I don't care about the price if it does the work. I live in a country of EU, that is why I prefer the shipping inside the EU.

Thank you !
    This sound a lil bit illegal to record people like this! But if you can live with any type of recording equipment it is pretty easy to drill an hole in the wall and put the camera in the hole and put an piece of glass over it and paint it with an special color that this camera is specialized to be able to record thru this paint... if the wall use wallpaper i dont know! Then maybe it get easier to find an high quality camera with better memory to use for this! Some even accept wifi connections and the recording can be stored directly to the computer or into an network storage.. sometimes they even provide an website for the camera that you can visit from the internet!

Edit: Many people that is into aquariums, terrariums or sometimes have an sick animal in some way often get theese type of cameras to keep track of their animals! If you cant find an real good camera easily on the internet, such people into theese things might be able to help out find the hardware allso if you're into having one with wifi and this website that comes with the camera! Maybe they even let you come check out the camera before purchase!
    Thank you for your reply. But I only looking for glasses like I mentioned, and it is impossible to do what you said because I go to an educational institution for having these lessons.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A quick glance at that French Amazon site doesn't seem to have any reviews of those glasses. Is that normal for French Amazon?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This link: https://www.amazon.com/OhO-Glasses-Resolution-Sunglasses-Outdoor/dp/B0BDZHP3N2/ref=mp_...0012874&sr=8-6
    Has a pair that is 4k instead of 1080, and much better storage capacity AND captures as h265 (probably in mp4 Format). But it is on the American Amazon, and is $199. USD.

But, I am fairly certain that what you are doing, even if not explicitly illegal, is going against the rules of your educational institution, especially when done clandestinely. I do not condone that sort of behavior.

Plus, why do this, when most educational institutions these days (including my own) ALREADY do their own high quality recording of lessons which are made available to students? Have you checked with them? Could save you a lot of money, hassle, and possible repercussions to you education career.

(I know this because I am one of the technical product owners/admins, specifically for our lecture capture system).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    A quick glance at that French Amazon site doesn't seem to have any reviews of those glasses. Is that normal for French Amazon?
    Thank you for your reply. It have reviews of clients from other Amazon sites for the same product. But I have this product and tested it like I mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    This link: https://www.amazon.com/OhO-Glasses-Resolution-Sunglasses-Outdoor/dp/B0BDZHP3N2/ref=mp_...0012874&sr=8-6
    Has a pair that is 4k instead of 1080, and much better storage capacity AND captures as h265 (probably in mp4 Format). But it is on the American Amazon, and is $199. USD.

But, I am fairly certain that what you are doing, even if not explicitly illegal, is going against the rules of your educational institution, especially when done clandestinely. I do not condone that sort of behavior.

Plus, why do this, when most educational institutions these days (including my own) ALREADY do their own high quality recording of lessons which are made available to students? Have you checked with them? Could save you a lot of money, hassle, and possible repercussions to you education career.

(I know this because I am one of the technical product owners/admins, specifically for our lecture capture system).

Scott
    I don't think this product will suit me because it seems like sunglasses and the camera is noticeable...

They don't make their recordings or something like that in our institution but I wish that...

Honestly, if one of our teachers give his/her lessons well, I won't waste my time to record and editing recorded videos because it takes time.

But most of them know their subjects but are not qualified to teach someone ! they speak fastly we don't understand even when we said to them they repeat their mistakes, they wipe the shalkboard before even we write and many... we go out from institution without understanding anything...

The last year most of us failed exams, some gave up and some started again like me. That is why I want to benefit from these lessons with this method because I paid very much...

I will record only to get benefits of these lessons and not for any other uses.
    Last edited by aer1231; 15th Nov 2023 at 01:33.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Swedaniel View Post
    Hi Everyone !

I have this one:

Thank you !

Thank you for your reply. But I only looking for glasses like I mentioned, and it is impossible to do what you said because I go to an educational institution for having these lessons.

Ooh, ok! Then that lesson room is probably allready stuffed with hidden cameras! Maybe better to buy this water spray to help give bad reflections to cameras so there is no picture to view you on the video! ;D joking!
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 15th Nov 2023 at 02:40.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by swedaniel View Post
    Originally Posted by swedaniel View Post
    hi everyone !

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/b07mh2bp1b

this product is good when it comes to a hidden camera not noticeable and looks likes a normal glasses for reading,

but the problem is the quality of the camera is bad even when i am near the chalkboard/projection screen the small words/other details are blurry i can't see clearly when watching the recorded video and even the manufactor said it is 1080p quality but it is worse than 720p... And it lasts only 70min for recording but it is not a big problem for me.

that is why if you have used differents products similar to this product, glasses (not sunglasses) that have hidden camera not noticeable and of course the most important a high quality camera, please share your experience or give your advices.

I don't care about the price if it does the work. I live in a country of eu, that is why i prefer the shipping inside the eu.

Thank you !
    this sound a lil bit illegal to record people like this! But if you can live with any type of recording equipment it is pretty easy to drill an hole in the wall and put the camera in the hole and put an piece of glass over it and paint it with an special color that this camera is specialized to be able to record thru this paint... If the wall use wallpaper i dont know! Then maybe it get easier to find an high quality camera with better memory to use for this! Some even accept wifi connections and the recording can be stored directly to the computer or into an network storage.. Sometimes they even provide an website for the camera that you can visit from the internet!

thank you for your reply. But i only looking for glasses like i mentioned, and it is impossible to do what you said because i go to an educational institution for having these lessons.

ooh, ok! Then that lesson room is probably allready stuffed with hidden cameras! maybe better to buy this water spray to help give bad reflections to cameras so there is no picture to view you on the video! ;d joking!
    No problem !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A little 'friendly' advice to both aer1231 and swedaniel (and the other topics you have replied to)

Whilst there is no specific forum rule, it is VERY bad forum practice to quote entire previous posts/replies just to add a word or three. It is commonly referred to as 'excessive quoting' and it can make threads quite un-readable very quickly.

And as for this topic, my guess is that these cameras have an optimum depth of vision/focus and probably impractical for the use required.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many years ago, I sometimes used a cassette tape recorder to record the audio for lectures given by one of my instructors because there was no textbook to refer to for some of the material covered in the class. However, I obtained his permission first. Even where it is legal to record video and audio without permission it is impolite to do so.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I agree. There is nothing about the setup -as stated - that requires "hidden" anything, if permission is already given. And if it isn't given, this should not be happening.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ah yeah, that is true DB83, thanks for the advice ill keep it in mind and work out an more suited way to quote an user!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's easy enough to include the quote in the reply, while in Edit mode just snip out the bulk and leave only the most recent/pertinent reply. I do that all the time. Just a couple of extra steps.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Many years ago, I sometimes used a cassette tape recorder to record the audio for lectures given by one of my instructors because there was no textbook to refer to for some of the material covered in the class. However, I obtained his permission first. Even where it is legal to record video and audio without permission it is impolite to do so.
    I was just about to post this same thing. Helped me, and other students, tremendously after I transcribed.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by aer1231 View Post
    Hi Everyone !

I have this one:

I don't care about the price if it does the work.

Thank you !
    I forgot to say that all my teachers are robots with AI technology, they don't mind to film them

Now does anyone know a good product worth it ?

Thank you !
    Last edited by aer1231; 15th Nov 2023 at 16:45.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Honestly, if one of our teachers give his/her lessons well, I won't waste my time to record and editing recorded videos because it takes time.

But most of them know their subjects but are not qualified to teach someone ! they speak fastly we don't understand even when we said to them they repeat their mistakes, they wipe the shalkboard before even we write and many... we go out from institution without understanding anything...

The last year most of us failed exams, some gave up and some started again like me. That is why I want to benefit from these lessons with this method because I paid very much...

I will record only to get benefits of these lessons and not for any other uses.

I forgot to say that all my teachers are robots with AI technology, they don't mind to film them

Now does anyone know a good product worth it ?

Thank you !
    One of these posts (the second one) is clearly a falsehood. None of the hidden cameras I found earlier were any better than the one you already have and I'm not inclined to keep looking under these circumstances.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As u_q eloquently put it, somat is not quite right here.

Is the OP really sincere or is this just, dare I say it, an exercise in trolling ?. Not for me to judge.

But if the OP is sincere, he can, quickly, gain the confidence of those who want to help by providing samples of the results from recordings. Not, essentially, from the institution but from other sources. Of course, short samples from the intended/insitution source, with relative distances from the intended object, for both this AND other more general recordings are more than useful since this is still a video-related topic.
    Quote Quote