VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Based on recent experiences, this question arose for me because it's becoming increasingly difficult to obtain relevant information specifically for Linux solutions (hardware and software). The more specific the problem, the more sparse the necessary answers. Since I have always been used to obtaining the information I need from various sources according to certain search patterns, it can also happen that the best sources are often overlooked. So it turned out that a query to my students resulted in an unexpected wealth of information much more quickly than would otherwise have been the case. The best thing that can happen to you is that you often gain valuable contacts with the local industry that would otherwise only come about through more complicated routes.

Above all, undocumented material about legacy hardware and its compatibility with Linux were the most outstanding clues. The side effect that should also not be ignored is that you can also obtain devices that would otherwise only be possible via eBay and similar platforms. This made companies like Roland Corporation, Yamaha Corporation, KORG Inc. or Akai Pro a little more accessible to me, simply because almost every fellow student I spoke to has a direct relative or acquaintance who works at one of these companies. It's better never to underestimate your social environment, your immediate surroundings often hold more opportunities than you usually believe.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Exploring Linux solutions and legacy hardware through fellow students revealed a wealth of information and industry connections. It also highlights the hidden gems within our social circles for valuable insights.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This thread reads like spam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    This thread reads like spam.

LOL, as I recall you haven't been a moderator here for about 20 years.
    Quote Quote