VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I recently tried to import some 10 bit HEVC/H.265/D-LOG M footage from the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 to Sony Vegas Pro 13. However, SV won't accept and open the file. My intention was to use DJI's rec.709 LUT to colour grade the footage in SV before rendering the file.
    Is there any way to get SV13 Pro to recognise H.265? I already have Magic Bullet Looks 4.0 installed which allows for use of custom LUTS.
    All I've managed to find so far is Voukoder which as I understand it, allows to encode to H.265 in SV but not to open an H.265 file.
    Thanks in advance for any help/info.
    Last edited by abeelandig; 9th Nov 2023 at 10:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    update to a new version of vegas. 8 years ago when 13 came out 10bit hevc didn't exist.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Or convert to an intermediate codec that Vegas understands.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys. Does anyone know the earliest version of Sony Vegas/Magix to support H.265?
    Am using Win 7 and the later versions seem to require Win 10/11 only.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Bwaak View Post
    Or convert to an intermediate codec that Vegas understands.
    Could I use Handbrake for that? What codec to choose in Handbrake? Presumably 10 bit not 8 bit eg 10 bit h.264 which is an option in Handbrake, to preserve the dynamic range and quality before applying the LUT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm stuck on vegas pro 16 as i use win 8.1, it does some hevc, but i don't think it accepts any 10 bit video. if you upload a small sample here i can try it in v16.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks aedipuss. In the end I installed Capcut video editing software (free) which can both import and export to H.265 so will stick with that for now.
    Once I import some 10 bit HEVC/H.265/D-LOG M footage from the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 to Capcut and add DJI's rec.709 LUT to colour grade the footage, I am given the option to export to H.264 or HEVC.
    If the videos are primarliy for upload to Youtube, should I encode to H.264 or HEVC?
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can get version Vegas Pro 19 Edit from HumbleBundle site:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388684-Vegas-Pro-14-available-for-20#post2715739

EDIT:
    it is a version recommended to run at least on Windows 10, but it is running on Windows 7 as well, you might read this: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/windows-7-vegas-pro-19-stuck-at-creati...ndows--133949/
    Last edited by _Al_; 12th Dec 2023 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi _Al_,
    Thanks for the heads-up on the deal.
    Is 'Vegas Pro 19 Edit' the same as 'Vegas Pro 19', without the 'Edit'?
    There have been so many versions of Sony Vegas over the years, all with different functionalities, I often get confused.
    Quote Quote  
  10. their website to compare Edit vs. Suite vs. Post:
    https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ca/product-comparison/
    "Edit" is a full Pro version
    "Suite"has integrated SOUND FORGE Audio Studio, ACID Music Studio and Mocha VEGAS and Boris FX Primatte Studio
    "Post" has all + Vegas Effects & Image

but that humble bundle link includes Vegas Pro Edit + Sound Forge 14 also
    Quote Quote