VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm watching clips from a national streaming service (Globoplay) that claims to show 4k videos. It's easy to see that it's not 4k, so I think the video's quality is somehow linked to my internet speed.
    [Attachment 74650 - Click to enlarge]

I tried to look for a way to download the video hoping that Streamlink would find the original quality, but the maximum quality I found was 720p. So now I don't know if my internet is pretty bad and the website won't allow me to watch/download the video in 4k because of that, or it's a fake advertisement and I'm fooled that whole time. Here's the link to one of the videos (it's free), if possible I would like to know a step-by-step of how to get others' videos by myself.
    https://globoplay.globo.com/v/12080247/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That 4K icon looks like it's greyed out to me. It wouldn't respond to me clicking it (mind you, I don't have a 4k monitor). I had a lot of buffering when trying to play that video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    That 4K icon looks like it's greyed out to me. It wouldn't respond to me clicking it (mind you, I don't have a 4k monitor). I had a lot of buffering when trying to play that video.
    Forgot to say but it's a Brazilian streaming service, so you may need a VPN to use it. Also, I searched for other series and found out that when it's not a 4k video the icon will not appear:
    [Attachment 74655 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 74656 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by 40028922; 3rd Nov 2023 at 07:00.
    Quote Quote