VideoHelp Forum


Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!


Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread
  1. I have an old 2011 Sony BDP-S370. Great player with analog video, optical ports and SACD in-built which is hard to find these days. Problem is since youtube made changes to its encoder a few years back, the downloaded videos play choppy through USB, it plays for 1-2 seconds, then stops, maybe a frame is displayed again, stops again. If I download an older video it plays perfectly. All videos are mp4 format. I guess it has to do something with vp6 codec that youtube introduced? Any solution to this, maybe editing the header by making a mkv? Or any downloading site that may encode with the right codec? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean vp9?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt its vp9 since the sony bdp-s370 can't play videos with newer settings built into them such as the mkv structure which has changed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Garry13 View Post
    I have an old 2011 Sony BDP-S370. Great player with analog video, optical ports and SACD in-built which is hard to find these days. Problem is since youtube made changes to its encoder a few years back, the downloaded videos play choppy through USB, it plays for 1-2 seconds, then stops, maybe a frame is displayed again, stops again. If I download an older video it plays perfectly. All videos are mp4 format. I guess it has to do something with vp6 codec that youtube introduced? Any solution to this, maybe editing the header by making a mkv? Or any downloading site that may encode with the right codec? Thanks!
    try scanning the USB drive and see if there's any corrupt sectors on the drive
    and see if windows can repair the USB drive. and according to the manual page 32 & 33 - https://www.manua.ls/sony/bdp-s370/manual?p=33
    the USB drive must be formatted as FAT and non partitioned.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem playing certain mkv on my bdp-380 and what i did was add these commands to mkvmerge and remux them and they will play.

    --engage no_cue_relative_position
    --engage no_cue_duration
    --disable-track-statistics-tags

    Open mkvmerge click on muxing/add command line options and add the lines there and save as default for new jobs.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Do you mean vp9?
    my bad, yes the new one vp9

    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I doubt its vp9 since the sony bdp-s370 can't play videos with newer settings built into them such as the mkv structure which has changed.
    yes I think. But the video does open up and plays for a second or two. For some mp4 videos that use newer settings, the video stays blank but audio plays sometimes. I'll try what other user has recommended neverthless thanks

    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try scanning the USB drive and see if there's any corrupt sectors on the drive
    and see if windows can repair the USB drive. and according to the manual page 32 & 33 - https://www.manua.ls/sony/bdp-s370/manual?p=33
    the USB drive must be formatted as FAT and non partitioned.
    Just bought its a new USB! Yes FAT32. Thank you.

    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I had the same problem playing certain mkv on my bdp-380 and what i did was add these commands to mkvmerge and remux them and they will play.

    --engage no_cue_relative_position
    --engage no_cue_duration
    --disable-track-statistics-tags

    Open mkvmerge click on muxing/add command line options and add the lines there and save as default for new jobs.
    Great! I'll try and get back to you. Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I had the same problem playing certain mkv on my bdp-380 and what i did was add these commands to mkvmerge and remux them and they will play.

    --engage no_cue_relative_position
    --engage no_cue_duration
    --disable-track-statistics-tags

    Open mkvmerge click on muxing/add command line options and add the lines there and save as default for new jobs.
    Hi John. I was optimistic, but it did not work unfortunately😎.
    I can see the video playback working (both on player and OSD) and variable bitrate display changing on the player OSD but the video stays stuck on a single frame. If I stop it and resume it, it again plays for a split second from same frame. Also, checked profile with tsmuxer, its high@3.1, which shouldn稚 be an issue.

    I値l update here if I find a solution. Any other suggestions are highly appreciated from members. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Post a mediainfo text output here to see if anything looks out of sorts.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see vp9 listed in the manual for your player.
    You'd probably be better off converting to mp4/AVC
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sony.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	74569  

    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Post a mediainfo text output here to see if anything looks out of sorts.
    Hi! I知 adding mediainfo from 2 different videos uploaded in 2023 and 2020 respectively. Also adding small clips how they actually play out on monitor👍.

    Here is mediainfo of a video that was uploaded in 2023. This one plays choppy.

    Complete name : /Users/mac/Downloads/Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Remake Gameplay 4K ULTRA HD (PS5_PC_Xbox Series X).mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42 (isom/mp42)
    File size : 22.1 MiB
    Duration : 1 min 39 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 1 869 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2023-10-25 17:48:26
    Tagged date : UTC 2023-10-25 17:48:26
    gsst : 0
    gstd : 99265

    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 1 min 39 s
    Bit rate : 1 738 kb/s
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.063
    Stream size : 20.6 MiB (93%)
    Title : ISO Media file produced by Google Inc. Created on: 10/25/2023.
    Encoded date : UTC 2023-10-25 17:48:26
    Tagged date : UTC 2023-10-25 17:48:26
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Codec configuration box : avcC

    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 1 min 39 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 1.51 MiB (7%)
    Title : ISO Media file produced by Google Inc. Created on: 10/25/2023.
    Language : English
    Encoded date : UTC 2023-10-25 17:48:26
    Tagged date : UTC 2023-10-25 17:48:2

    Link to playback clip: https://files.videohelp.com/u/282676/C64C609A-A474-4F4F-AD0F-7AF79C29286C.MOV 91MB
    覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Here is mediainfo of a video uploaded in 2020. It plays perfectly.

    General
    Complete name : /Users/mac/Downloads/GHOST OF TSUSHIMA - Kojiro Duel Boss Fight (Hard Mode) Secret.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42 (isom/mp42)
    File size : 18.2 MiB
    Duration : 3 min 38 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 701 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2020-07-18 07:08:38
    Tagged date : UTC 2020-07-18 07:08:38
    gsst : 0
    gstd : 218360

    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L3.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 3 min 38 s
    Bit rate : 569 kb/s
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.021
    Stream size : 14.8 MiB (81%)
    Title : ISO Media file produced by Google Inc. Created on: 07/18/2020.
    Writing library : x264 core 155 r2901 7d0ff22
    Encoded date : UTC 2020-07-18 07:08:38
    Tagged date : UTC 2020-07-18 07:08:38
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Codec configuration box : avcC

    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 3 min 38 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 3.33 MiB (18%)
    Title : ISO Media file produced by Google Inc. Created on: 07/18/2020.
    Language : English
    Encoded date : UTC 2020-07-18 07:08:38
    Tagged date : UTC 2020-07-18 07:08:38

    Link to playback clip: https://files.videohelp.com/u/282676/28B6A32C-5EA1-4E8C-A4F9-99DED744AAA3.MOV 25MB

    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I don't see vp9 listed in the manual for your player.
    You'd probably be better off converting to mp4/AVC
    Yeah, It痴 an ancient player by today痴 standards. I値l leave it here if it doesn稚 work out. Re-encoding just kills quality.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads

Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!