VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a Panasonic PK-958 that connects into a Panasonic Portable Video Cassette Recorder PV-9000.
    And that sets in a Panasonic PV-A860.

I get everything hooked up and going but I can figure out how to get it to record.

There is a blank VHS tape in the VHS, the PV-9000 is powered by the mount because the batteries are dead (Don't have the charger yet)
    So it powers on.
    Only problem is the manual for the PK-958 says to (Very last step I cant do) hit the Record/Pause button on the PV-9000, but that button doesn't exist.

I am unable to find a free PDF manual for the PV-9000.

Any suggestions? Maybe the PV-9000 only records when its not mounted in the PV-a860?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Edorinn View Post
    I have a Panasonic PK-958 that connects into a Panasonic Portable Video Cassette Recorder PV-9000.
    And that sets in a Panasonic PV-A860.

I get everything hooked up and going but I can figure out how to get it to record.

There is a blank VHS tape in the VHS, the PV-9000 is powered by the mount because the batteries are dead (Don't have the charger yet)
    So it powers on.
    Only problem is the manual for the PK-958 says to (Very last step I cant do) hit the Record/Pause button on the PV-9000, but that button doesn't exist.

I am unable to find a free PDF manual for the PV-9000.

Any suggestions? Maybe the PV-9000 only records when its not mounted in the PV-a860?

Thanks
    see this image - https://www.ebay.com/itm/255180145611
    the record button is on the front of the unit
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    That doesn't do anything when I press it while in Camera mode. It worked to record the TV, but not the camera feed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That doesn't do anything when I press it while in Camera mode. It worked to record the TV, but not the camera feed.
    do you have it set on the right connection setting ?? it's usually av1 or av2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Any idea where/what that button or something my be? The camera itself has 3 video settings like that, 1 doesnt work at all, 2 and 3 have the same problem. The VCR doesnt seem to have any button like that.
    I can see my video feed on the TV screen, but the VCR doesnt seems to react to any recording method. Maybe I am just doing a button combo wrong on the VCR?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any idea where/what that button or something my be? The camera itself has 3 video settings like that, 1 doesnt work at all, 2 and 3 have the same problem. The VCR doesnt seem to have any button like that.
    I can see my video feed on the TV screen, but the VCR doesnt seems to react to any recording method. Maybe I am just doing a button combo wrong on the VCR?
    usually, pressing the channel button will switch it from channel selection to av1 & av2
    Quote Quote