VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I work with video in a school and I found a Elinchrom BX 500 Ri stored away. I know this equipment is made for photography, but is it possible to use it for video? And if so is it possible to change the tone of the light? It is yellow and I need white light.

Thank You.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Some Elinchrom flash units, like the BX 500 Ri, have a continuous light mode. In this mode, they provide a constant light source that can be used for video. You'll need to check the manual for your specific model to see if it has this feature.

The color temperature of most flash units is typically around 5500K, which is close to daylight. If your unit can be used in continuous light mode, it will produce a white light that should work well for video. However, if it produces a color cast that is too warm i.e. yellowish, you may need to use color correction filters to adjust the color temperature of your preference. In your case, you'd want to use a cooling blue gel to correct the yellowish tint and make the light more neutral, closer to 5500K.
    Quote Quote