VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way of removing the region lock from a UHD Bluray? DVD fab doesn't remove it, when I rip the disc. Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 gives an error message when I try.

I'm trying to remove the region lock from Talk To Me. It is locked to Region A.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kallek View Post
    Is there a way of removing the region lock from a UHD Bluray? DVD fab doesn't remove it, when I rip the disc. Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 gives an error message when I try.

when you copy the disc with dvdfab, the resulting burnt disc should be region free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Is there a way of removing the region lock from a UHD Bluray? DVD fab doesn't remove it, when I rip the disc. Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 gives an error message when I try.

when you copy the disc with dvdfab, the resulting burnt disc should be region free.
    It isn't. Maybe dvdfab only removes the region lock from regular blurays?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM

UHD Blu-ray doesn't use region locks. Any UHD Blu-ray disc can be played with any UHD Blu-ray player no matter where the disc was purchased. Something else is wrong.

Are you sure that you have a UHD Blu-ray disc? Purchased UHD-Blu ray movies often include a Blu-ray disc as well as a UHD Blu-ray disc. The Blu-ray disc can be region coded.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 8th Oct 2023 at 09:17.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

UHD Blu-ray doesn't use region locks. Any UHD Blu-ray disc can be played with any UHD Blu-ray player no matter where the disc was purchased. Something else is wrong.

Are you sure that you have a UHD Blu-ray disc? Purchased UHD-Blu ray movies often include a Blu-ray disc as well as a UHD Blu-ray disc. The Blu-ray disc can be region coded.
    There are several UHDs that use region locks. Here is a list

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=334606

If you go to the last page you can see that Talk To Me is also on the list
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One workaround is to use MakeMKV of just the movie as a MKV file. Reading on other sites, the application of zone restrictions was probably an authoring mistake and the disc should be returned as it goes against the official rules for UHD discs. It's probably Zone A (USA) Europe, UK and Australia/NZ are region B
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    One workaround is to use MakeMKV of just the movie as a MKV file. Reading on other sites, the application of zone restrictions was probably an authoring mistake and the disc should be returned as it goes against the official rules for UHD discs. It's probably Zone A (USA) Europe, UK and Australia/NZ are region B
    The problem with making a mkv is that my player can't handle Dolby Vision with mkv-files. I was hoping to watch this on Halloween. Guess I have to watch it without dolby vision or wait until the replacement discs arrive, assuming they will and they have a replacement program.
    Last edited by kallek; 9th Oct 2023 at 00:16.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    The problem with making a mkv is that my player can't handle Dolby Vision with mkv-files. I was hoping to watch this on Halloween. Guess I have to watch it without dolby vision or wait until the replacement discs arrive, assuming they will and they have a replacement program.
    Did you try MakeMKV to create a backup as files and folders? I know for certain that MakeMKV can do that. Only DVD bakups are limited to MKV files.

[Edit] It looks like MakeMKV doesn't remove the region code from a file and folder backup. RedFox AnyDVD HD is the only ripper that I found in my seardh which is supposed to remove region coding from Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray. However, it is provided as an option, not something that is done automatically.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 9th Oct 2023 at 21:08.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote