VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Thread
  1. Understood!
    My task is still ongoing - it will take me a while to get to grips with Python. Windows paths - concrete paths - etc. I have not given up - just a quick (and dirty?) fix. My, what big eyes you have!
    Regarding savepath, the Windows environment does have double slashes. The double slash is the network path from a windows PC. UNC uses the following format:
    \\server-name\shared-resource-pathname
    I do not like to use a windows drive letters. Although the Synology NAS is Linux, it is running a windows SMB share.

So, yes some sort of Windows alias type thing!
    Last edited by tenxob; 12th Jul 2024 at 09:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tenxob View Post
    Understood!

Regarding savepath, the Windows environment does have double slashes. The double slash is the network path from a windows PC. UNC uses the following format:
    \\server-name\shared-resource-pathname
    But you are in Python environment first of all. Each OS has its own Python Interpreter and that should take care of files and file locations for the OS. So when dealing with python you should be using the python syntax; whatever is beneath is immaterial. If the underlying system gives a drive letter to your share, then use it. If not use the file address that Windows uses but with forward slashes. If you need smb:// in a file path the script as written will not cope.

I also use a NAS. My solution is to store locally and rsync (synchronize remote) to the NAS overnight.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download everything DRM Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes2.zip
    Quote Quote