VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Thread
  1. Understood!
    My task is still ongoing - it will take me a while to get to grips with Python. Windows paths - concrete paths - etc. I have not given up - just a quick (and dirty?) fix. My, what big eyes you have!
    Regarding savepath, the Windows environment does have double slashes. The double slash is the network path from a windows PC. UNC uses the following format:
    \\server-name\shared-resource-pathname
    I do not like to use a windows drive letters. Although the Synology NAS is Linux, it is running a windows SMB share.

So, yes some sort of Windows alias type thing!
    Last edited by tenxob; 12th Jul 2024 at 09:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tenxob View Post
    Understood!

Regarding savepath, the Windows environment does have double slashes. The double slash is the network path from a windows PC. UNC uses the following format:
    But you are in Python environment first of all. Each OS has its own Python Interpreter and that should take care of files and file locations for the OS. So when dealing with python you should be using the python syntax; whatever is beneath is immaterial. If the underlying system gives a drive letter to your share, then use it. If not use the file address that Windows uses but with forward slashes. If you need smb:// in a file path the script as written will not cope.

I also use a NAS. My solution is to store locally and rsync (synchronize remote) to the NAS overnight.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download everything Widevine! Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes5.zip
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just map downloads directory on the NAS as a drive in windows saves any UNC malarky
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you Angela - this worked on essentially the first attempt. Question - the Iplayer downloader seems to download the audio at 128kbps - is that the highest quality available?

I'm also baffled by the amount of people desperately trying to get things like this running on Windows. I was also one of them, till I switched to Linux. Life has come so much easier, especially when running things like this - highly recommend linux, even if it means installing Ubuntu on a virtual machine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by paul92 View Post
    Thank you Angela - this worked on essentially the first attempt. Question - the Iplayer downloader seems to download the audio at 128kbps - is that the highest quality available?
    Yes. All channels download the highest quality audio and video available from the web endpoints used.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    Understood!

But you are in Python environment first of all. Each OS has its own Python Interpreter and that should take care of files and file locations for the OS. So when dealing with python you should be using the python syntax; whatever is beneath is immaterial. If the underlying system gives a drive letter to your share, then use it. If not use the file address that Windows uses but with forward slashes. If you need smb:// in a file path the script as written will not cope.

I also use a NAS. My solution is to store locally and rsync (synchronize remote) to the NAS overnight.
    Is this more like it:

SAVEPATH = r'\\diskstation\Data4\FTADownloads2'

???

Why Rsync and not write direct?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    SAVEPATH = r'/diskstation/Data4/FTADownloads2' I would have thought. But am unsure of your diskstation mapping. Python always uses / in paths

Because I run an automated cron-job overnight and synchronize one remote and one local drive folder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Rsync is a great tool. In the early 2000s I used to have a Tivo. Some clever people worked out how to install a network card into it so you could transfer the TV shows across to a PC, update the guide data over the internet and update the hard drive to a larger one. I was one of the first people to have one in the UK and the forum I went on had some really helpful people.

I spoke to a user called Tridge from Australia who was really interested in the UK Tivo's as we used PAL and so did they so he wanted to import one from the UK. He really helped me getting it all working great, such a nice guy and seemed really knowledgeable. Years later, when using Linux at work, we used rsync a lot and obviously samba - Tridge actually created (or co-created) both of them. You would never have guessed talking to him, totally not up his own arse or arrogant at all.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi @A_n_g_e_l_a as always thank you so much for your work on this.
    I've noticed what appears to be a small bug.
    If you use ITVX and try to download anything except for the latest episode it appears to download the latest episode.
    If you download the latest 2 episodes it appears to work.
    EG. Love Island
    Download S11E43 and it downloads S11E44.
    However if you download both E43 and E44 it works correctly.

Sorry to be a nuisance.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post

Sorry to be a nuisance.
    Never a nuisance if the report is valid and yes I can reproduce. I'll look it over.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    SAVEPATH = r'/diskstation/Data4/FTADownloads2' I would have thought. But am unsure of your diskstation mapping. Python always uses / in paths
    SAVEPATH = r'/diskstation/Data4/FTADownloads2' does not work

however

SAVEPATH = r'//diskstation//Data4//FTADownloads2' does???
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    Because I run an automated cron-job overnight and synchronize one remote and one local drive folder.

Fair point!
    Last edited by tenxob; 18th Jul 2024 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
    If you use ITVX and try to download anything except for the latest episode it appears to download the latest episode.
    If you download the latest 2 episodes it appears to work.
    EG. Love Island
    Download S11E43 and it downloads S11E44.
    However if you download both E43 and E44 it works correctly.
    Corrected my silly error of logic trying to reconcile two lists https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/uk-fta_15_2.zip
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thank you, that appears to be working properly now.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi Angela,

I've been messing about with hellyes2 just to see if I can get my head around things,...

basic test url is this: https://u.co.uk/shows/orlando-bloom-to-the-edge/series-1/episode-1/6356248950112

found mpd:
    MPD URL? https://manifest.prod.boltdns.net/manifest/v1/dash/live-baseurl/bccenc/1242911124001/0...IyMzk2MQ%3D%3D
    Found pssh element: AAAAVnBzc2gAAAAA7e+LqXnWSs6jyCfc1R0h7QAAADYIARIQZU qNMWTrR5qd9wXHQiRAYBoNd2lkZXZpbmVfdGVzdCIIMTIzNDU2 NzgyB2RlZmF1bHQ=
    Extracted or generated PSSH: AAAAVnBzc2gAAAAA7e+LqXnWSs6jyCfc1R0h7QAAADYIARIQZU qNMWTrR5qd9wXHQiRAYBoNd2lkZXZpbmVfdGVzdCIIMTIzNDU2 NzgyB2RlZmF1bHQ=

found lic:
    Paste cURL of license server request:
    And press ENTER.
    cURL is saved but not displayed.
    cURL?
    URL: https://manifest.prod.boltdns.net/license/v1/cenc/widevine/1242911124001/0e03db43-208d...MyMjUxZA%3D%3D
    Method: GET
    Headers: {}
    Data:

--key 654a8d3164eb479a9df705c742244060:061051bd9ee853ef2 4434d8d3be326d8

it's only the next bit where things go awry..

[Attachment 81007 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 81008 - Click to enlarge]

the cmd window is left with the cursor on \u009 (once I press enter I receive the following

'--data-raw' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\HellYes2>

I could almost taste victory, but was met with defeat.

Any advice please... p.s. I didn't get the opportunity to enter a name for the file
    Quote Quote  
  16. oops... never knew there was a separate helpdesk for hellyes2...

I think I made a mistake with the "copy as curl bash" because your script now works fine. I want to test it on peacock next.

The blank section (where one has to press CTL Z) really threw me.
    Quote Quote  
  17. hi it says it downloads uktvplay video files how does it do that are you able to browse the uktvplay site throgh this software how does this soft.are work
    Quote Quote  
  18. You don't browse using this software,...... It's a script file, you browse using chrome or firefox or any other browser. (best just to try the readme file first, it outlines requirements).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by barry25 View Post
    hi it says it downloads uktvplay video files how does it do that are you able to browse the uktvplay site throgh this software how does this soft.are work
    Yes and Yes; contrary to reports otherwise UK-FTA has both a browse and search function and also a direct url paste from a browser should you wish. However, since UKTVPlay do not give a browseable interface - just use the search function to find all instances of a search term. 'Bangers' will take you to all output containing bangers from where you can select a full title. If you know a video name there is no need to browse.

But why not experiment?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LastResort View Post

I've been messing about ...
    Yes. And not reading the instructions too would be my guess!
    Use allhell3.py specially coded for Chrome and Edge
    Quote Quote  
  21. Now that's just being cheeky Angela, because I did read the instructions.... actually quite a number of times. I had your help page open in edge whilst I was testing. But glad to say I got it working on my second time.

That blank screen with just a flashing cursor really threw me,.... well, up until I pressed ctrl z.
    I have a terrible memory,... If I don't make notes it goes within hours. I vaguely remember doing something with a script ages ago, curl and bash.... but it was only for one singular channel... possibly i.tv or ch.4. But that was, I can't say for sure, maybe 2 years ago.

first part of my notes for hellyes is:

allhell3.py for Chrome
    hell3.py for Firefox
    Last edited by LastResort; 28th Jul 2024 at 17:53.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LastResort View Post
    Now that's just being cheeky Angela, because I did read the instructions.... actually quite a number of times. I had your help page open in edge whilst I was testing. But glad to say I got it working on my second time.
    So ..... if you follow the process exactly as detailed, both in the help guide and the on-screen text, allhell3 will work as intended.

To date there are 1570 downloads of HellYes2, presently increasing daily by 40 or so. Of the less than 0.5% 'support' questions asked, all have turned out to be operator error or vdocipher style time-outs. So when someone says it doesn't work I pretty much know they have got the process or their environment wrong and in reality it is they who are not working properly.

If our positions were reversed - how would you respond to questions being asked by folks you know, on probability, cannot follow instructions to press a key? I generally give people a gentle nudge, for the future, to catch themselves before making the assertion a script doesn't work. It is hard not to be seen as being rude as people, generally, do not like having to face the fact they have made a mistake.

Since you are in the UK-FTA thread I'll point out the obvious - that UK-FTA directly downloads from U - previously UKTVPlay. It is the quicker and easier way.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I can confirm, having given it a good old go, it works pretty well!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Where does the client id and secret for All4 come from @A_n_g_e_l_a . I've read a million pages but maybe I missed it. The reason I ask: having developed all the scripts for Ozivine, I started to get the desire to create my own UK scripts as well (yeah I know re-invent the wheel and all that, just part of my continued education).

I must admit All4 has been doing my head in for days and was much harder than I anticipated. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get around generating a PSSH from decrtypting the token using my own credentials. I ended up using your client id and secret and the script now works fine. I've got no intention of releasing my UK scripts, so was just more curious than anything else how these credentials come about (as to be honest I would prefer to use my own and not those from someone else).
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
    Where does the client id and secret for All4 come from @A_n_g_e_l_a . I've read a million pages but maybe I missed it. The reason I ask: having developed all the scripts for Ozivine, I started to get the desire to create my own UK scripts as well (yeah I know re-invent the wheel and all that, just part of my continued education).

I must admit All4 has been doing my head in for days and was much harder than I anticipated. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get around generating a PSSH from decrtypting the token using my own credentials. I ended up using your client id and secret and the script now works fine. I've got no intention of releasing my UK scripts, so was just more curious than anything else how these credentials come about (as to be honest I would prefer to use my own and not those from someone else).
    In all honesty Billy I cannot remember! Short-term memory is pretty well defunct these days. That's why I've written everything down!

I was given a script by a contact, based on Android data for All4, but wasn't allowed to post it on VH, and Diazole published a channel4 script too. I think I picked through the gubbins of both. I think some of the values used will be hidden in, and computed by, javascript. I did once work through it all to satisfy myself I knew what was going on but that seems an eon ago now.

In general All4 has a pre-interaction to get a token to send with the license request. It is option 4 "Option:License Token Integration:" in https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/407216-Decryption-The-Dungeon-of-Despair, but there is encryption going on in there too, hence the use of iv and key. The bits of iv are XORed with returned data (challenge) to produce a cipher. The cipher and key are sent to the license server which uses the key to decrypt the cipher and decide to give a license response or not.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Edit. Since AES encrption is used you might find this helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4xNJsjtN6E
    Last edited by A_n_g_e_l_a; 5th Aug 2024 at 05:51.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I've hit a problem with AllHell3 in Version 15_2 on Debian. I've been trying to download a free program from discovery+ (from the UK) and it seems to include the audio track from the adverts instead of the program audio. I reverted back to using an earler version of L3 and it works fine. URL:

https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/video/marcus-in-the-med-mallorca/tasty-tapas

Note that I usually modify your other scripts to limit the resolution to 720p ( replace 'best' with 'res="1280*"' in the m3u8dl command) as my connection is painfully slow, and doing this toAllHell3 I get the advert video and audio, and no program video. The older version of L3 I was using gave me a list of all available resolutions, so worked fine with no edits.

Hopefully you can tell me where I'm going wrong, or whether you can reproduce this behaviour. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Angela. Will take another look through that option 4 again to see what I'm doing.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by BenDWire View Post
    I've hit a problem with AllHell3 in Version 15_2 on Debian. I've been trying to download a free program from discovery+ (from the UK) and it seems to include the audio track from the adverts instead of the program audio. I reverted back to using an earler version of L3 and it works fine. URL:

https://www.discoveryplus.com/gb/video/marcus-in-the-med-mallorca/tasty-tapas

Note that I usually modify your other scripts to limit the resolution to 720p ( replace 'best' with 'res="1280*"' in the m3u8dl command) as my connection is painfully slow, and doing this toAllHell3 I get the advert video and audio, and no program video. The older version of L3 I was using gave me a list of all available resolutions, so worked fine with no edits.

Hopefully you can tell me where I'm going wrong, or whether you can reproduce this behaviour. Thanks!
    That's no problem, it's just a result of automatic track selection getting the wrong audio track. That version of allhell3.py doesn't stop N_m3u8DL-RE to wait for the user to select resolution or audio and sub tracks.

Two ways to correct this-
    Remove automatic track selection. Find the the process command and remove (permanently/temporarily) these bits. Since you want 720 I guess a permanent change will more suiit you.
    Code:
    '-sv',
     'best',
     '-sa', 
    'lang=en:for=best', 
    '-ss', 
    'lang=en:for=best',
    OR find allhell3.py in my sigs Noobs Starter Pack and replace that into UK-FTA.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thanks Angela, you're a star!

While writing, are you aware of a way to correctly download subtitles for e.g. Dixon Of Dock Green (on TPTV)? Other threads seem to suggest that they use multi-line subtitles, and N_m3u8dl-RE seems to only grab the first line, ignoring the rest. I confirmed the subtitles play correctly on the web-player, and also checked the VTT subtitles are also incorrect (in case it was a conversion thing).

Have you any suggestions? (other than to get my old ears syringed )
    Quote Quote  
  30. 2nd Army Bridgeburners. WhiskeyJack's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by billybanana View Post

I must admit, All4 has been doing my head in for days and was much harder than I anticipated. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get around generating a PSSH from decrypting the token using my own credentials. I ended up using your client id and secret and the script now works fine. I've got no intention of releasing my UK scripts, so was just more curious than anything else how these credentials come about (as to be honest I would prefer to use my own and not those from someone else).
    HTTPToolkit, you can sniff out the secret. https://httptoolkit.com/
    When this method was initially hit upon, the scripts were released without client id and secret entered, requiring the few using it, to enter their own details using HttpToolkit and a rooted android device. (Device needed to be rooted as there was no other way to insert the required certificates, and shiko to block root detection to allow the All4 app to load normally.)
    It's about two years since this method was first utilized, and it seems to work still.
    Alas, HttpToolkit with cert injection MITM is getting harder, and some apps will fail to either load or play videos. U/ITVX for example.
    Quote Quote