VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some old tapes i would like to digitalize using OBS. While the video displays fine with colors etc, i get no audio. I've done this before, but that was so many years ago that i've forgotten what i must do in order to get audio to work...

The audio (and ofc the video too) works fine on the camcorder itself (when i flip-out the its screen), but i just cannot get the audio to work in OBS...

I have a sony dcr130e, connected to a cheap plexgear moviesaver 600 with a mini jack to 3 rca-cable (from the A/V OUT on my camcorder) that's then connected to my pc. This method is what i have used before.

I've not muted anything.

In OBS, i have tried to turn on Monitor and Output in Audio Monitoring in Adv. Prop., but no success...

I have other files on my pc, so the audio works fine on my windows 10 pc.

Any ideas on how i can get the audio to work on my pc as well?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by elgy View Post
    I have some old tapes i would like to digitalize using OBS. While the video displays fine with colors etc, i get no audio. I've done this before, but that was so many years ago that i've forgotten what i must do in order to get audio to work...

The audio (and ofc the video too) works fine on the camcorder itself (when i flip-out the its screen), but i just cannot get the audio to work in OBS...

I have a sony dcr130e, connected to a cheap plexgear moviesaver 600 with a mini jack to 3 rca-cable (from the A/V OUT on my camcorder) that's then connected to my pc. This method is what i have used before.

I've not muted anything.

In OBS, i have tried to turn on Monitor and Output in Audio Monitoring in Adv. Prop., but no success...

I have other files on my pc, so the audio works fine on my windows 10 pc.

Any ideas on how i can get the audio to work on my pc as well?
    try to in OBS settings try right-click the Speaker icon, choose Sounds, click the Playback tab, and select the speaker. Finish by clicking Set Default and Apply
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    DV cassettes are digital, there is no need to digitize an already digital signal, What you are doing is converting digital to analog by using the camcorder analog output and then converting it back to digital using a capture device. Instead, connect your DV camcorder to computer using a firewire port (a.k.a iLink) and use a program called ScLive to transfer the digital data on tape into computer without loss of quality.
    Quote Quote