VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First time posting here,so I would like to say hello.My question is,I have 6 MKV files that I would like to converge.I add the files and it combines them to 1 MKV file which I want,but it will not play on anything.Can someone please help me with any settings for this been trying for 12 hours now.Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Andyt1000 View Post
    First time posting here,so I would like to say hello.My question is,I have 6 MKV files that I would like to converge.I add the files and it combines them to 1 MKV file which I want,but it will not play on anything.Can someone please help me with any settings for this been trying for 12 hours now.Thanks.
    does the finished file play on your PC ?? try VLC
    and see if that will play them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried a few ways,VLC on the PC,hard drive directly plugged into TV and a Zidoo media box.Nothing is working.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think all mkvs should have same A/V-codecs & -resolution, and same suptitle formats, to be able to be merged. I can also imagine running into A/V sync issues if there are audio-delays.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You could try Boilsoft Video Joiner as a trial to merge all on a re-encode & subsequently see if it plays using VLC media player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. download mediainfo and post log of each file. You can delete personal data, only audio and video related stuff is necessary
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As long as each mkv file is identical in technical terms you can and should be able to merge them into one file, otherwise there could be problems.

When you are muxing the files are then any error messages in the bottom left window? You will need to post a mediaInfo file report on each file to check. Also it would be interesting to post a mediainfo file report of your merged attempt.

In using mediainfo use text mode so you can copy and paste rather than as some do make an image file. That makes it impossible to lay the details side by side as in a spreadsheet style.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for anyone that replied,I learned quite a lot.Anyway, I found out the problem,one of the MKV files is corrupt and that was the problem.Sorted that and everything worked the way I wanted it to.Cheers eveeryone.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!