VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just noticed, after upgrading from the 111 driver to the 112 driver, there is no selection for 720x576 25fps. The minimum available was 50fps.

Can someone else confirm this?

I reverted to the 111 driver and 25fps became available.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. May I ask where do you get these numbers 111 and 112 from?
    Windows 11 Device Manager returns it like 1.1.0.93 in my case (with no problems btw). Would you call this 110 then?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From the IOData website:

https://www.iodata.jp/lib/software/g/1780.htm#Windows%2011

The displayed driver numbers are a bit weird. The full driver number is in the capture software Device Settings, and the dates (2010 for 111, 2021 for 112) is in Windows Device Manager Properties. See:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/411632-IO-DATA-GV-USB2-croaked#post2706043
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you by chance capture your cine8 in the other thread with the driver "112"? I was confused how the .avi file was reported by mediainfo and how it looked when separating fields (I am not talking about the shutter issue). What was the framerate / fieldrate really?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't recall, Starc. Many files of many resolutions and framerates have crossed my keyboard lately!
    Quote Quote  
  6. It looks like your Canon (CMOS) recorded at 25 frames per second / 50 fields per second, while your Panasonic (CCD) recorded at 50 frames per second /100 fields per second.
    So all ok with the capture drivers and settings it seems. My bad.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A fair chunk of those files were captured with my Startech USB3HDCAP; I can't say which ones exactly.

If your GV-USB2 driver is dated 7/6/21 in Device Manager, do you have an AmarecTV preset of 720x576 25fps?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am using the driver which was shipped with the device. Works perfectly. I can set the Proc Amp etc. No reason for upgrading.

Windows 11: 1.1.0.93 28.06.2010
    AmarecTV 3.10: 1.1.0.93.5, 2010/06/28

Settings:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ATV.png
Views:	42
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	73975  

Last edited by Sharc; 22nd Sep 2023 at 10:00.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'm just asking, not telling.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    I am using the driver which was shipped with the device. Works perfectly. I can set the Proc Amp etc. No reason for upgrading.

Windows 11: 1.1.0.93 28.06.2010
    AmarecTV 3.10: 1.1.0.93.5, 2010/06/28

Settings:
    Hi Sharc

Any chance you can share the driver here? my version is 1.1.093.8 (1.12) (downloaded from io-data web page) and it doesnt give me the option to select *w= 720, h= 576, fps=25.00, fcc=YUY2, bit=16 only 50fps. I am using Windows 11 and going back to the previous driver (1.11) from their web page does not work at all.

Cheers

DMS
    Last edited by DMS; 14th May 2024 at 02:25.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    The latest driver is 1.1.0.193 and it's dated 2021/06/21.

I downloaded it from https://lib.iodata.jp/lib/script/clib.php?code=gvusb2_114.exe
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get the 111 version from IOData here:

https://lib.iodata.jp/lib/script/clib.php?code=gvusb2_111.exe&k=476595&s=

Run the EXE installer; it will create a gvusb2_111 folder on your Desktop. Open that folder and run the gvusb2.exe file. To install only the driver, click the left button. After completion, click the lower right button to exit.

If you don't see the 111 version in your capture program ie stuck on 112, go into device manager and Update Driver, Browse Computer, Let me Pick. You should have the two drivers visible; choose the 111. If not, click on Have Disk and browse to that gvusb2_111 folder you ran. Find the INF file in the Driver/x64 folder and use that.

Report back if you need expanded directions.

PS: Don't be fooled by the 114 driver package: the driver hasn't changed from 112 (still buggy); only the Light Capture app.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Get the 111 version from IOData here:

https://lib.iodata.jp/lib/script/clib.php?code=gvusb2_111.exe&k=476595&s=

Run the EXE installer; it will create a gvusb2_111 folder on your Desktop. Open that folder and run the gvusb2.exe file. To install only the driver, click the left button. After completion, click the lower right button to exit.

If you don't see the 111 version in your capture program ie stuck on 112, go into device manager and Update Driver, Browse Computer, Let me Pick. You should have the two drivers visible; choose the 111. If not, click on Have Disk and browse to that gvusb2_111 folder you ran. Find the INF file in the Driver/x64 folder and use that.

Report back if you need expanded directions.

PS: Don't be fooled by the 114 driver package: the driver hasn't changed from 112 (still buggy); only the Light Capture app.
    Hi Alwyn

That version does not work at all for me on Windows 11, I have uninstalled and installed numerous times, the capture device is not available to select when in amarectv, and it shows in device manager as not working. The only one that works from io data’s page is the latest version but it is missing the 25fps option. Thats why I was hoping sharc could share the version they have from their disc as it is a different version from the web page.

Thank you

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fair enough, mine works fine on Win 11 with the 2010 version so I don't think it's a fundamental driver issue. Are the two driver versions (dated 2010 [1.1.0.93] and 2021 [1.1.0.193]) visible in Device Manager, like this?

[Attachment 79114 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  15. @DMS: Sent you a PM
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Fair enough, mine works fine on Win 11 with the 2010 version so I don't think it's a fundamental driver issue. Are the two driver versions (dated 2010 [1.1.0.93] and 2021 [1.1.0.193]) visible in Device Manager, like this?

[Attachment 79114 - Click to enlarge]
    Hi Alwyn

This is what i get when i install the 2010 version from io data page

[Attachment 79117 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    @DMS: Sent you a PM
    Hi Sharc, thats great thank you, i have downloaded that driver and thats the same one from IO datas web page, it doesnt work for me, was this from your original disc? Its weird the device doesnt like that driver, or windows doesnt like it.

Thank you.

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks DMS, did you have any luck with Sharc's?

If not, I'd go through the Registry and remove any reference to IOData. Backup first.

Otherwise, I'm stumped.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks DMS, did you have any luck with Sharc's?

If not, I'd go through the Registry and remove any reference to IOData. Backup first.

Otherwise, I'm stumped.
    Sharc's didnt work, i just cleared the registry and reinstalled the 1.11 version still doesnt work. it really is weird.

Thanks for your help

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I reckon you have a dud device. Bummer.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I reckon you have a dud device. Bummer.
    The newest driver works but doesnt give the 25fps option, when i use it on my Windows 10 laptop it works perfectly, just windows 11 doesnt like the older driver. I will stick with the newer driver and use the work around of manually changing the fps in amarectv
    [Attachment 79122 - Click to enlarge]

I was just curious as Sharc's driver seemed to have a different version number to the one from io data web page.

Cheers

DMS
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    .... was this from your original disc?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    .... was this from your original disc?
    Yes.
    ok thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DMS
    I will stick with the newer driver and use the work around of manually changing the fps in amarectv
    Well there you go, I tried that many moons ago with a HDMI grabber and it didn't work but it certainly does for the GV-USB2. Thanks for the headsup.
    Quote Quote