I've been trying to tackle this problem ever since I've started transferring my tapes, but so far none of the filters I've tried seem to work. On some of my tapes, particularly recordings from the TV, there are apparent red streaks, which are most noticeable against the solid green background. Here are some of the examples:
The tape itself was recorded in MESECAM and very likely over some existing footage, as I see a label on it that does not match the contents.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
So apparently this artifact is called "SECAM fire" in the video communities. As the name suggests, it's unique to the SECAM system and depending on how good the TV reception was, it would've been either mild like I have in my video samples, or extreme, like in this YouTube upload.
There was at least one attempt to reduce it, although I'm not sure what exact filter that person has used.
You need something like that:
SSIQ(diameter=11, strength=300, interlaced=true)
ue_chroma = UToY(ev).SpotLessUV() #
ve_chroma = VToY(ev).SpotLessUV() #
uo_chroma = UToY(od).SpotLessUV() #
vo_chroma = VToY(od).SpotLessUV() #