VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47
FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Results 1,381 to 1,384 of 1384
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    Now my Freevine isn't working. I just checked it this is terrible. I have to stop fooling around with stuff as I screwing everything up. So please just give up on me and I will try to get Freevine up and running again and buy Tubedigger as I am a lost cause.
    I have tested both setups myself for Freevine and Devine and both are working.....
    Devine uses POETRY and Freevine uses VENV so if you followed all the steps
    there would not be any interference with any other program.

You can not Pick & Mix between guides or skipping commands ....
    (because 7y old post had different info) ....

Many of the people here who provide the instructions provide just basic
    (and assume certain level of comp. literacy)

I have noticed that the FULL guide for "Devine" was needed as you ware missing things
    and provided FULL guide (even visual one so you can see, copy, download it)
    https://asciinema.org/a/VfaRD1PN2docvqjUZb7qhIp5q
    Last edited by pssh; 21st Apr 2024 at 14:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I got Freevine back working again. I got freevine main and opened it copied the contents and dropped into the Freevine 1.18 folder. It replaced what needed to be replaced. My CBC profile is still there along with my wvd. I changed the .yaml to use ffmpeg and chose .mp4 or viseversa. Then the audio line about ignore descriptive audio. I forgot about the requirements and freevine wasn't working so thankfully I remember to put in the requirements .txt line and it is back functioning.

You have given me terrific guides but I just seem to fail at it. I am going to accept that Freevine is working for me and probably give Devine one more try. I won't be installing aria2c no matter what. I just don't trust that program and it even states in Devine that aria2c can be as much a problem as a help and I have slow internet anyway so I can make due.

Thank you for all your help. I am sorry I have failed so many times. I will give it another try tomorrow and if I can't get Devine working I will just make arrangements to buy Tubedigger.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    I won't be installing aria2c no matter what. I just don't trust that program and it even states in Devine that aria2c can be as much a problem as a help and I have slow internet anyway so I can make due.

Where exactly does it say that "aria2c" - "can be" a problem?
    How did you come to not to trust the "aria2c"?

I read this on the Devine website:
    https://github.com/devine-dl/devine
    (optional) aria2(c) to use as a downloader.
    Quote Quote  
  4. https://github.com/devine-dl/devine/blob/master/CONFIG.md#downloader-str

Note that aria2c can reach the highest speeds as it utilizes threading and more connections than the other downloaders. However, aria2c can also be one of the more unstable downloaders. It will work one day, then not another day. It also does not support HTTP(S) proxies while the other downloaders do.

This shows up in Google search via Reddit:

aria2c.exe or aria2 is legitimate software, it seems. Unfortunately for you, it can be used to download files and can be remote controlled.

Then there seems to be something about it reads what you are downloading and puts that up to a bit torrent swarm. So it just makes me uncomfortable and I just don't want to take chances on such intrusions just to gain some speed.
    Quote Quote