VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 51
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post

It's most likely your python version. The requirements says 3.10+ for this reason. Some older versions do work, but many don't. I'd recommend 3.10.12 and above.
    Is 3.12 supported? I had the previous version working perfectly but really struggling even to get 1.01 installed:

[Attachment 74869 - Click to enlarge]

Even moved to users to avoid permissions issues, running in a venv, always falls down on pywidevine...

I know it's me being dumb most likely but I've been googling for hours with no light at the end of the tunnel.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had problems with Python 3.12 in windows in that it wouldn't install a lot of the requirements.txt stuff. I use version 3.10.0 which seems to work for both Stabbed and Angela's scripts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I forgot that 3.12 stable was recently released. No, 3.12 is currently not supported by pywidevine but should be soon according to the developer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Koas View Post
    I have been getting this error with a couple of tv shows off BBC iplayer, any help please
    Please include command used when reporting errors.
    Quote Quote  
  5. edit: just noticed the previous posts about python versions...
    Last edited by vidsrme; 14th Nov 2023 at 07:19.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by peterb999 View Post
    I had problems with Python 3.12 in windows in that it wouldn't install a lot of the requirements.txt stuff. I use version 3.10.0 which seems to work for both Stabbed and Angela's scripts.
    Thank you I removed all my old Android versions and installed only 3.10.0 and the requirements all seemed to install ok and so far so good with a couple of episodes I tested
    Quote Quote  
  7. Found one that for some reason is falling down, don't think it's me causing it, this time!

Code:
    freevine.py -e S17E26 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-place-in-the-sun
    Results in this error at the final stage of muxing:

Code:
    16:20:13.164 INFO : Binary merging...
    16:20:13.897 INFO : Decrypting...
    16:20:19.393 WARN : A.Place.in.the.Sun.S17E26.Mon.13.Nov.2023.Almerķa.Spain.1080p.ALL4.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264.mp4
    16:20:19.393 WARN : A.Place.in.the.Sun.S17E26.Mon.13.Nov.2023.Almerķa.Spain.1080p.ALL4.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264.en.m4a
    16:20:19.393 WARN : A.Place.in.the.Sun.S17E26.Mon.13.Nov.2023.Almerķa.Spain.1080p.ALL4.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264.srt
    16:20:19.393 WARN : Muxing to A.Place.in.the.Sun.S17E26.Mon.13.Nov.2023.Almerķa.Spain.1080p.ALL4.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264.MUX.mkv
    16:20:19.455 ERROR: Mux failed
    16:20:19.455 ERROR: Failed
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "D:\Videos\Freevine\services\channel4\channel4.py", line 317, in download
        subprocess.run(args, check=True)
      File "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 524, in run
        raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['.\\N_m3u8DL-RE.EXE', 'http://ak.dash01.stream.c4assets.com/wvmod-stream/CH4_33_05_42_72018097001001_002_HD.mpd?c3.ri=13633615598593766700', '-mt', '--auto-subtitle-fix', 'true', '--thread-count', '16', '--save-name', 'A.Place.in.the.Sun.S17E26.Mon.13.Nov.2023.Almerķa.Spain.1080p.ALL4.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264', '--tmp-dir', 'temp', '--save-dir', WindowsPath('downloads/A Place in the Sun/Season 17'), '--no-log', '--key-text-file', WindowsPath('tmp/keys.txt'), '-sv', 'for=best', '-sa', 'for=best', '-ss', 'all', '-M', 'format=mkv:muxer=mkvmerge:skip_sub=false']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "D:\Videos\Freevine\freevine.py", line 66, in <module>
        main()
      File "C:\Users\Paul\Freevine\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1157, in __call__
        return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
      File "C:\Users\Paul\Freevine\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1078, in main
        rv = self.invoke(ctx)
      File "C:\Users\Paul\Freevine\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1434, in invoke
        return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
      File "C:\Users\Paul\Freevine\lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 783, in invoke
        return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
      File "D:\Videos\Freevine\freevine.py", line 60, in main
        Service(main_config, srvc_api, srvc_config, wvd, **kwargs)
      File "D:\Videos\Freevine\services\channel4\channel4.py", line 51, in __init__
        self.get_options()
      File "D:\Videos\Freevine\services\channel4\channel4.py", line 287, in get_options
        self.download(download, title)
      File "D:\Videos\Freevine\services\channel4\channel4.py", line 319, in download
        raise ValueError(f"{e}")
    ValueError: Command '['.\\N_m3u8DL-RE.EXE', 'http://ak.dash01.stream.c4assets.com/wvmod-stream/CH4_33_05_42_72018097001001_002_HD.mpd?c3.ri=13633615598593766700', '-mt', '--auto-subtitle-fix', 'true', '--thread-count', '16', '--save-name', 'A.Place.in.the.Sun.S17E26.Mon.13.Nov.2023.Almerķa.Spain.1080p.ALL4.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264', '--tmp-dir', 'temp', '--save-dir', WindowsPath('downloads/A Place in the Sun/Season 17'), '--no-log', '--key-text-file', WindowsPath('tmp/keys.txt'), '-sv', 'for=best', '-sa', 'for=best', '-ss', 'all', '-M', 'format=mkv:muxer=mkvmerge:skip_sub=false']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @Grimbarian:

Looks like mkvmerge can't handle the muxing for this particular stream for whatever reason. If you use --format mp4 it'll work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by iamghost View Post
    Originally Posted by Koas View Post
    I have been getting this error with a couple of tv shows off BBC iplayer, any help please

File "D:\Freevine\freevine.py", line 66, in <module>
    main()
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 1157, in __call__
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 1078, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 1434, in invoke
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 783, in invoke
    File "D:\Freevine\freevine.py", line 60, in main
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 47, in __init__
    self.get_options()
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 313, in get_options
    content, title = self.get_content(self.url)
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 256, in get_content
    content = self.get_series(pid)
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 104, in get_series
    episodes = [
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 105, in <listcomp>
    self.create_episode(episode)
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 68, in create_episode
    label = episode["episode"]["labels"].get("category")
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
    Look in there https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/411643-Freevine-A-downloader-for-free-streaming-se...10#post2712221
    Sorry may seem dumb, but had a look into the post you suggested, and dont see anything linked to my error there
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am getting an error about "captions" with abciview. Thanks for the help
    [Attachment 74874 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by donlradii View Post
    I am getting an error about "captions" with abciview. Thanks for the help
    Looks like it fails if there are no subtitles. Clumsy mistake on my part. I'll take a look at it when I can.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Koas View Post
    Originally Posted by iamghost View Post

File "D:\Freevine\freevine.py", line 66, in <module>
    main()
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 1157, in __call__
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 1078, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 1434, in invoke
    File "C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\ site-packages\click\core.py", line 783, in invoke
    File "D:\Freevine\freevine.py", line 60, in main
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 47, in __init__
    self.get_options()
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 313, in get_options
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 256, in get_content
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 104, in get_series
    episodes = [
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 105, in <listcomp>
    self.create_episode(episode)
    File "D:\Freevine\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py ", line 68, in create_episode
    label = episode["episode"]["labels"].get("category")
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
    Look in there https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/411643-Freevine-A-downloader-for-free-streaming-se...10#post2712221
    Sorry may seem dumb, but had a look into the post you suggested, and dont see anything linked to my error there
    This comes from using the below command on Doctor Who Confidential, if anyone else wants to try to replicate it

python freevine.py -c https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006q2xb/doctor-who-confidential
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    @Grimbarian:

Looks like mkvmerge can't handle the muxing for this particular stream for whatever reason. If you use --format mp4 it'll work.
    @Grimbarian

I was able to download this episode with subtitles muxed and also not muxed. Using mkvmerge v80.0 ('Roundabout') 64-bit.

For the separate subs download, my config is set to save the subs in .vtt format which also means the subs are not cleaned.

Running Freevine v1.0.0
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Koas View Post
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/411643-Freevine-A-downloader-for-free-streaming-se...12#post2712368
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/411643-Freevine-A-downloader-for-free-streaming-se...12#post2712368

Sorry didnt see that,

python freevine.py -c https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006q2xb/doctor-who-confidential
    python freevine.py -c https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006mj59/top-gear

hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by sipho View Post
    @Grimbarian:

@Grimbarian

I was able to download this episode with subtitles muxed and also not muxed. Using mkvmerge v80.0 ('Roundabout') 64-bit.

For the separate subs download, my config is set to save the subs in .vtt format which also means the subs are not cleaned.

Running Freevine v1.0.0

Aha thanks! I ended up muxing it manually with MKV Toolnix Gui and that seems fine, hopefully just a weird one off
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Grimbarian View Post
    Originally Posted by sipho View Post
    @Grimbarian:

@Grimbarian

Running Freevine v1.0.0

Aha thanks! I ended up muxing it manually with MKV Toolnix Gui and that seems fine, hopefully just a weird one off

Same issue with yesterday's episode too: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-place-in-the-sun/on-demand/72017-008

Used --format mp4 and it then downloaded ok.

Edit: Same issue with last night's Help We Bought a Village too.
    Last edited by Grimbarian; 15th Nov 2023 at 02:29.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Koas View Post
    looks like an issue for brick
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Grimbarian View Post

Same issue with yesterday's episode too: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-place-in-the-sun/on-demand/72017-008

Looks like the issue is with the subtitles. If the subtitle stream is present in the manifest but is actually empty, mkvmerge fails when muxing.

The subtitles are apparently missing for some of these episodes:
    Code:
    WEBVTT
    NOTE Subtitles are missing
    I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

You could use --sub-no-mux or --drop-subtitle "all" and mkvmerge should work fine. Or use --format mp4 as mentioned, since ffmpeg doesn't seem to complain about it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    Originally Posted by Grimbarian View Post

Looks like the issue is with the subtitles. If the subtitle stream is present in the manifest but is actually empty, mkvmerge fails when muxing.

The subtitles are apparently missing for some of these episodes:
    Code:
    WEBVTT
    NOTE Subtitles are missing
    I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

You could use --sub-no-mux or --drop-subtitle "all" and mkvmerge should work fine. Or use --format mp4 as mentioned, since ffmpeg doesn't seem to complain about it.

I went with --sub-no-mux

I have a simple batch file that takes the URL for a direct episode link to save typing the command (I know, I know I'm lazy!) so I added --sub-no-mux and it worked perfectly

Code:
    @echo off
    cd D:\Videos\freevine\Scripts
    call activate.bat
    cd D:\Videos\freevine\
    set /p url="Please enter URL: "
    freevine.py --use-shaka-packager --sub-no-mux -e %url%
    (saved as run_freevine_URL.bat)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by 00kell View Post
    Thanks!

That got rid of one error. Next I uninstalled the PIP version of pywidevine and that got rid of another error. I can now fetch show info without issues.

Unfortunately when trying to download a show (I have only tried from BBC, Ch5 and Ch4) I now get:

"Download failed or was interrupted"

File "/home/00kell/freevine/services/channel4.py", line 337, in download
    File "/usr/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 503, in run
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process:
    File "/usr/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 971, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
    File "/usr/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 1738, in _execute_child
    and os.path.dirname(executable)
    File "/usr/lib/python3.10/posixpath.py", line 152, in dirname
    p = os.fspath(p)
    TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

File "/home/00kell/freevine/freevine.py", line 46, in <module>
    main()
    File "/home/00kell/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1157, in __call__
    File "/home/00kell/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1078, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
    File "/home/00kell/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1434, in invoke
    File "/home/00kell/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py", line 783, in invoke
    File "/home/00kell/freevine/freevine.py", line 40, in main
    Service(config, **kwargs)
    File "/home/00kell/freevine/services/channel4.py", line 51, in __init__
    self.get_options()
    File "/home/00kell/freevine/services/channel4.py", line 307, in get_options
    File "/home/00kell/freevine/services/channel4.py", line 339, in download
    raise ValueError("Download failed or was interrupted")
    ValueError: Download failed or was interrupted
    Any ideas? The error does not seem to come up in the forum.
    I have tried the latest version of freevine (1.0.0) on a fresh installation of Debian and I am still getting what looks like essentially the same error so I am definitely missing something. I can get episode and movie information but cannot download actual files. The error is pretty much the same regardless of which service I use.

Example Channel 4
    Code:
    python freevine.py -e S18E69 -sv res=576:for=worst https://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/

17:10:21.883 INFO : Freevine v1.0.0

17:10:21.974 INFO : ALL4
    17:10:24.756 INFO : Four in a Bed: 16 Season(s), 850 Episode(s)

17:10:25.538 INFO : Four in a Bed S18E69 Thu 9 Nov 2023: The Cross Inn
    17:10:25.538 INFO : 1e973e7f9db8ea99bd375729aa8e5e6b:eb31005927f3e1719e90ee2ef26ee805

File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel4/channel4.py", line 317, in download
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 548, in run
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 1024, in __init__
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 1775, in _execute_child
      File "<frozen posixpath>", line 152, in dirname

File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/freevine.py", line 66, in <module>
        main()
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1157, in __call__
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1078, in main
        rv = self.invoke(ctx)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1434, in invoke
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 783, in invoke
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/freevine.py", line 60, in main
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel4/channel4.py", line 51, in __init__
        self.get_options()
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel4/channel4.py", line 287, in get_options
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel4/channel4.py", line 319, in download
        raise ValueError(f"{e}")
    ValueError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType
    Example Channel 5
    Code:
    python freevine.py -m https://www.channel5.com/show/christmas-in-scotland

17:09:35.183 INFO : Freevine v1.0.0

17:09:35.271 INFO : My5 TV
    17:09:35.868 INFO : Christmas in Scotland

17:09:36.758 INFO : Christmas in Scotland
    17:09:36.758 INFO : 6f243fc25e994cdd8c17475b65e08cc1:198ef7153ecfad6a4ed60c63c783574d
    17:09:36.758 INFO : c99140de42de98c5263d4bc35f982c01:198ef7153ecfad6a4ed60c63c783574d

File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel5/channel5.py", line 325, in download
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 548, in run
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 1024, in __init__
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py", line 1775, in _execute_child
      File "<frozen posixpath>", line 152, in dirname

File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/freevine.py", line 66, in <module>
        main()
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1157, in __call__
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1078, in main
        rv = self.invoke(ctx)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1434, in invoke
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/click/core.py", line 783, in invoke
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/freevine.py", line 60, in main
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel5/channel5.py", line 58, in __init__
        self.get_options()
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel5/channel5.py", line 296, in get_options
      File "/root/freevine-1.0.1/services/channel5/channel5.py", line 327, in download
        raise ValueError(f"{e}")
    Both have:

Code:
    Which is slightly different to the error from my other computer (above) which ends along the lines of:

Code:
    File "/home/00kell/freevine/services/channel4.py", line 339, in download
    raise ValueError("Download failed or was interrupted")
    ValueError: Download failed or was interrupted
    The new install is using python 3.11.2 which might be too high?
    The other one is using 3.10.12 which seems to work for others.
    Quote Quote  
  22. @00kell:

It's my guess that Freevine can't locate N_m3u8DL-RE. Do you have it, and the other tools, properly placed in your system PATH? Are they executable?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi Grimbarian,
    Could your small bat script be altered to add items from the bbc at only 720p instead of 1080p?? I can see in the readme that res=720 is available.
    and out of curiosity.. you have "call activate.bat" but your script is called "run_freevine_url.bat" sorry just a little lost...

I tried freevine.py res=720 --episode https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s6xm/survivor-series-1-episode-4 this works fine but still only gets 1080p.

Sometimes 1080 isn't always required.

Decided to try an alternative:
    C:\freevine-1.0.0>freevine.py --episode res=720 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s6xm/survivor-series-1-episode-4

low and behold,... now I get hit with an error....

18:36:54.660 INFO : BBC iPlayer
    File "C:\freevine-1.0.0\freevine.py", line 66, in <module>
    main()
    File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python \Python311\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1157, in __call__
    File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python \Python311\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1078, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python \Python311\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1434, in invoke
    File "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Programs\Python \Python311\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 783, in invoke
    File "C:\freevine-1.0.0\freevine.py", line 60, in main
    File "C:\freevine-1.0.0\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py", line 47, in __init__
    self.get_options()
    File "C:\freevine-1.0.0\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py", line 313, in get_options
    File "C:\freevine-1.0.0\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py", line 256, in get_content
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    File "C:\freevine-1.0.0\services\bbciplayer\bbciplayer.py", line 101, in get_series
    self.get_data(pid, x["id"]) for x in data["slices"] or [{"id": None}]
    ~~~~^^^^^^^^^^
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

That'll teach me for putting res=720 in the wrong place. Just wish I knew where to put it.
    Last edited by LastResort; 15th Nov 2023 at 12:42.
    Quote Quote  
  24. okay,... getting there....
    C:\freevine-1.0.0>freevine.py --info --episode S01E04 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s09z

this shows the episode video and audio details....

this downloads a 720p version of what one may need..
    C:\freevine-1.0.0>freevine.py --select-video res=720 --episode S01E04 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s09z

I can see now that m001s09z hold the page with all episodes listed... my confusion was that on their webpage S01E04 is numbered m001s6xm

I believe that's why freevine showed me the error.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    @00kell:

It's my guess that Freevine can't locate N_m3u8DL-RE. Do you have it, and the other tools, properly placed in your system PATH? Are they executable?
    Thanks Stabbedbybrick. I have N_m3u8DL-RE as an executable in my freevine directory. With v1.0.1 most of the other tools have been installed although I also have the following in the freevine directory as executables:

mp4decrypt
    mpd_generator-linux-x64
    packager-linux-x64
    pssh-box.py

Thinking about it, freevine probably doesn't use those names... In my defence, that is how they came from the supplied sources. I know making pssh-box executable is probably not correct but, hopefully, it isn't wrong either.

Edit
    Changing them to:

mpd_generator
    packager

Didn't change the error at all.

Edit 2
    I moved the files that I had in the freevine directory to
    venv/bin/
    And it is now downloading!!!
    Last edited by 00kell; 15th Nov 2023 at 17:57.
    Quote Quote  
  26. @00kell:

You only need packager, not mpd_generator or pssh-box.

Since you're on linux, I'd suggest running "echo $PATH" and place the required files in any of those locations. That will make them callable from anywhere on your system.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    @00kell:

You only need packager, not mpd_generator or pssh-box.

Since you're on linux, I'd suggest running "echo $PATH" and place the required files in any of those locations. That will make them callable from anywhere on your system.
    Normally .local/bin/ does it ; note the dot local.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download every Widevine mpd! Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes6.zip
    Quote Quote  
  28. It's possible that the default path is different depending on what distribution you're using, so a quick check with $PATH is recommended. You can add new ones as well if you feel like it.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    It's possible that the default path is different depending on what distribution you're using, so a quick check with $PATH is recommended. You can add new ones as well if you feel like it.
    You're right! Age and befuddle has caught up with me! /usr/local/bin/

What I'm doing right now is working to to get my uk-fta downloader onto my phone. I finally have found a version of N_m3u8DL-RE that works so with a few changes and a bit of experimenting with ffmpeg I finally have Android running it pretty well. I plan on writing it up soon.

I want to ask if you are interested in making a conversion of Freevine to run on Termux for mobile phones? There wasn't much to change - I use pagination and the the number of items in a page displayed needed reducing for the small screen. If you have scrolling it will take care of itself. And --no-logs isn't in the N_~~RE version I'm using so was pulled. Works pretty fast now. Ffmpeg was the hold-up

Interested and have the time?
    Last edited by A_n_g_e_l_a; 16th Nov 2023 at 07:46.
    Noob Starter Pack. Just download every Widevine mpd! Not kidding!.
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/301890/hellyes6.zip
    Quote Quote