VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a software to repair a video with random missing frames, creating the missing frames by interpolation, except AviSynth?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I did try it, but it only interpolated duplicate frames.
    Can Topaz Video AI find and interpolate random missing frames?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    No, it's basically impossible. All that's left is Avisynth and manually entering frames into the script to complete.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What about using Flowframes? I guess it's one of the best.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What about using Flowframes? I guess it's one of the best.
    The process of fixing dropped frames is to:
    a. identify where a frame is missing. This is 'easy' if a duplicate or black frame is inserted, more challenging if you guess that a frame is missing by looking at motion vectors. Usually folks use Avisynth or Vapoursynth for this.
    b. replace the interpolated frames this can be done through different tools and methods (if you used Avisynth or Vapoursynth for a. you probably want to stick with one of them), but you might be able to use other tools for the interpolation. Afaik Flowframes can interpolate, but the replacement part would need to be done in a separate tool, or you would have to convert your clip into and image sequence and feed parts of that sequence for Flowframes to work on. Later, you would merge all your sequence parts into one and turn them back into a clip.
    => Flowframes doesn't really seem to be a suitable tool.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    What about using Flowframes? I guess it's one of the best.
    The process of fixing dropped frames is to:
    a. identify where a frame is missing. This is 'easy' if a duplicate or black frame is inserted, more challenging if you guess that a frame is missing by looking at motion vectors. Usually folks use Avisynth or Vapoursynth for this.
    b. replace the interpolated frames this can be done through different tools and methods (if you used Avisynth or Vapoursynth for a. you probably want to stick with one of them), but you might be able to use other tools for the interpolation. Afaik Flowframes can interpolate, but the replacement part would need to be done in a separate tool, or you would have to convert your clip into and image sequence and feed parts of that sequence for Flowframes to work on. Later, you would merge all your sequence parts into one and turn them back into a clip.
    => Flowframes doesn't really seem to be a suitable tool.
    Thanks for replying. I also work with videos and I personally use Flowframes with RIEF. Never felt disappointed though. You can get very creative with Flowframe and the RIEF model worked amazingly!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I agreed RIFE is nice (and can be uses through other tools too), I just wanted to point out, that Flowframes doesn't seem like the right tool for the job.
    At least last I looked at it if way just for interpolation without the possibility to search and replace dropped frames.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote