VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know this question has been asked probably a million times on here, but here goes:-

I have some TV episodes in MKV where each episode is a chapter. I want to separate them without the hassle of re-converting. I have on my Windows 11 PC MKVToolnix (as well as a few of the MKVExtractGUI programs), LosslessCut, and others I don't remember the names of.

I know I can do it with Toolnix one file at a time, but not sure which software is easiest to do this in batch?

When asking Google I always see pages pop up that recommend software such as from Wondershare. I know they seem to do the job but, at the same time, I'm a bit wary of them (What do others think?)

I suspect something like gMKVExtractGUI, ccMKVExtractGUI, or JMkvproedit will do the batching, but I have found little on the net as to how to actually use them, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In MKVToollNix from memory I think you select under Output "split before chapters" assuming it's one big mkv file with all the episodes (called chapters).
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've been able to do that but I'd like to be able to batch encode similar files at once.
    Quote Quote