VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, a little question,i have just installed a virtual box on my computer can i put a ubuntu and a win 10 iso onto my machine? A HP 8300 elite running win 10 pro, 4 cpu, 8GB ram. What I do not understand is ,if I use 2cpu for the iso linux virtual machine, when i close it down, does the 2 cpu allocated to it return to the main computer , where i can then use the 2 cpu to operate a win 10 virtual machine.

Not sure if i have got this right

So if i allocate half my cpu to a virtual machine I can have two iso virtual machines installed, each allocated 2cpu, and can operate them separately using one at any given time? Is this correct?
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I am right, all the virtual resources return to the main system after use. For my quad cpu rig, two CPU units is good resource per virtual machine. The virtual RAM allocated also returns to main machine. Never had inclination to create a virtual machine before so was new to me, not any more, know exactly how much RAM to allocate correctly for smooth running. Thanks Network Chuck!
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
  3. The CPU's are never really taken away from the host system. They are always shared. When the client OS is idle all CPUs are available to the host.
    Quote Quote