VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hey there,
    maybe there are some guys who still use this as it was given away for free with a couple of other old software suites by Adobe itself some years ago and I personally think that it's still great enough and all the versions which followed are not really necessary for basic editing.

I just noticed something weird as of late. When I export in multitrack with 2 Tracks, each 1.0 for a mixdown to a new Mono 1.0 track it stretches the audio so that it runs 2 seconds longer than the original. When I do the same thing again right afterwards it doesnt do the stretch and everything works just fine.

That bug is weird and annoying. Does anybody remember it and knows a work around? Couldnt find anything online.
    thanks
    cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not enough info. Have you compared the good export to the bad and tried to account for the extra two seconds?
    Any sample rate discrepancy between the sources and the export?
    Quote Quote  
  3. yea I compared them and the bad export is stretched meaning that it is running constantly out of synch in regards to the original one. Like a speed slowdown. The sample rates are all the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's strange.
    Have you tried posting this problem on the Adobe Audition community forum?

Can you provide a sample showing the good and the bad export of a particular file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I deleted all the files but I pay attention so if it happens again I make shure to keep it. I havent posted this in the community because the software is old that I doubt anyone would care.
    But if you say that it's a good idea I can go for it anyways
    Quote Quote  
  6. I also noticed that no matter what you do the export is always aprox 1ms longer than the original file. It probably doesnt matter quality wise but it's still a bit strange that it has this stretching behavior
    Quote Quote