VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I launch a Youtube video in Potplayer, I can click on the lower corner of th player and choose my preferred playback quality, which is

360p, 30F(MP4, avc, mp4a)

Usually when I launch a video it will default to that as my last choice, but sometime it doesnt and instead starts cycling through quality settings. Where in the settings can I set that so it is always used?

Also, what is the difference between the "mp4a" and "video" as the last item in that setting?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The cycling thing used to be tolerable because it wasn't happening too often. But since 3 or 4 days ago it has become completely unusable, it keeps cycling again and again no matter how many times I restart it, what the heck is going on?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Edit: Think I found a fix, go to https://www.videohelp.com/software/PotPlayer#betadownload, download the Beta, install it in another folder, and copy the file "C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayerBeta\Extension\Media\PlayParse \MediaPlayParse - YouTube.as" over to your original install overwriting the old one. I did that and 2 videos that would not play for me just played
    Last edited by sluggerb; 14th Aug 2023 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks a lot, it worked !
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pph007 View Post
    Thanks a lot, it worked !
    Np, I compared the two files, it's just a change in one line, YouTube added a new "param" setting that needed to be changed. It impacted Invidious and NewPipe as well so they found it quickly and it looks like PotPlayer updated it in the Beta

YouTube was A/B testing the change which is why the error started off happening infrequently but got more and more common as time went on
    Quote Quote