VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I've a question regarding Subtitle Edit, my problem is : I got a subtitle from a web-dl and all the content are in CAPITAL Letters, and it's very annoying to watch, so I turned to Subtitle Edit to correct that. Tools/Change Casing bring almost all to normal, with a Capital first letter, BUT the problem here, most of first names and family names are good BUT NOT All, Some mane like ed, family name lake trape, are not Capitalized first letter, I did a spell check, and yes some are found and corrected but not all.

Have you guys already encounter this problem and know how to fix that ? or have a clue ?

Thanks

kalemvar
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you attach the subtitle file here?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    yes of course
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. The program uses a list of proper names, place names etc. If the names aren't on the list, it won't capitalise.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does this file looks better to you?
    I have used Subtitle Edit Tools > Change casing
    Select Normal casing etc
    select Fix names casing etc
    When you hit OK, you get a list of all sentences that the softare propses to change and you have the option to keep or deselect the lines that are not suitable.
    Hope this helps.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    with select normal casing + add names that aren't on the dictionary, subtitle edit has found more incorrect and the sound pretty good now.

quick question, the names I added, are they added to the dictionary of subtitle edit permanently or it's something I have to do for each subtitle ?

Thanks to both of you for your help
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is easy to find out. Just run the file again and see if it shows the extra names that you added. My guess is not.
    Quote Quote