VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I have bought a LG RC389H (connected via HDMI) with the intent to digitalize my VHS-C, but there is a problem with all my transfers. They all have som kind of a "buzzing" sound that you can hear when it's relatively quite in the video or white noise. Tried a regular VHS with just white noise and I could barely hear anything even though I cranked up the volume more than enough except for some short static sound from time to time (I had my head right next to the speaker elements, not recommended!)

Troubleshooting that I've done:

- Clean the typical stuffs (Head, rollers, pins etc) with 100% isopropyl
    - Unplug nearby electronics
    - Turn the plug 180° in the socket

Troubleshooting that I haven't done:
    - Clean the tapes
    - Clean the audio head

Any idea what the problem is? Or could the last two troubleshootings fix the issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try a filtered power supply.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you get it on DVD playback as well? Do you get it when playing commercial VHS tapes (which will have hi-fi audio tracks)? I've had issues high pitched whine and some buzzing with linear/mono audio on these late model LG VCRs but never managed to find what causes it.

Also I know the power supply capacitors can go bad in some of these (I have repaired one), ultimately causing the unit to be stuck on "hello", not sure if that also can cause buzzing problems before it gets that bad.
    Quote Quote