VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I'm working with Davinci and sometimes with premiere on my computer. I wanna upgrade it because its not good enough to edit. It does't run smoothly enough.
    These are my specs:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.10, 21/05/2020
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
    BaseBoard Product MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C79)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16,0 GB
    Graficscard: NVDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I hope i didn't forget anything. I would bye a MAC for editing but the computer needs to be good at videogames to.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the PSU model and rating?
    How do you cool the CPU?
    How many fans and their size do you have in your case?
    If you don't want to change the motherboard, it might help to upgrade the DIMM to 32GB
    If you are willing to use a new motherboard, I would look for one which has Z760 or Z790 chipset and the recommended DIMM memory size 32GB to go with them.
    But changing the mother board also means changing the CPU to socket LGA 1700 instead of LGA 1200
    Quote Quote  
  3. More memory would help if that's the bottleneck. If you have lots of free memory and it's still slow to edit - memory is not the issue

What formats are you editing ? If you use the Resolve Studio (paid version) , you get HW acceleration of some h264/h265 formats
    https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/what-h-264-and-h-265-hardware-decoding-is-s...e-studio-2122/

Or you can try proxy editing
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What's your storage subsystem like? No mention of it above.
    Personally also, I would never use a Win Home OS for something requiring work performance.

Scott
    Quote Quote