Where I live I can buy for about the same price one of these two options:
A) Apple Mac Mini (2023) (M2 Pro 10-core/16GB/512GB SSD/16-core GPU/MacOS)
B) Build a PC with the following parts
1) Intel Core i5-13600K Processor, 24MB Cache, 3.50 GHz (Up To 5.10GHz), 14-Core, Socket 1700, Intel UHD Graphics, Box (BX8071513600K)
2) MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X OC 12GB GDDR6, 192-Bit, HDMI, DP (V397-022R)
3) TeamGroup T Force Vulcan Z 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35V, Red (TLZRD416G3200HC16F01) (X4 so 64 GB total)
4) Kingston FURY Renegade 1TB SSD, M.2 2280, PCIe 4.0 NVMe, 7300MBps (Read)/6000MBps (Write) (SFYRS/1000G)
5) MSI MPG A750GF 750W Full Modular 80 Plus Gold (306-7ZP0B11-CE0)
6) Gigabyte B660 DS3H AX DDR4 (rev. 1.0), Intel, Socket 1700, ATX, 4xDDR4, 4xSATA3, M.2, Raid, GLAN, WiFi+BT, USB3.2, HDMI, DP (B660 DS3HAX DDR4)
7) Noctua CPU Cooler 1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM2+/AM3 (NH-D15)
8) Be Quiet Pure Base 500, Midi Tower, ATX, USB3.0, No PSU, Tempered Glass, Black (BGW36)
My goal is to mainly edit 4K or more, 20-30 minute videos on Davinci resolve. Thanks for the answers!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Last edited by Panagiotis Antoniadis; 29th Jul 2023 at 08:12.
I am not familiar with Apple Mac products only Intel.
1 - Your PC parts look good and would probably work well for what you need now, but I have always regretted using Intel i5 instead of i7 at least.
3 - You might need 32GB later on but 16GB should be good for now.
5 - PSU I would use a 1000W instead of 750W
6 - Motherboard chipset B760 might be better than B660
Of course it all depends on your budget and the above is solely my opinion what I would use.
As long as your considering a mini computer check out MINISFORUM Venus Series UM790 Pro Mini PC AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS DDR5 32GB 1TB PCIe4.0 SSD Windows 11 Pro Personal Computer, 2xHDMI(4K) 2x USB4(DP|8K) Outputs, AMD Radeon 780M Graphics Intel Killer WiFi6E.
Read the Amazon reviews and also YouTube to see if it will do what you want.
Last edited by Moralez; 29th Jul 2023 at 12:13.
Thanks so much for the replies!
For me this isn't even a discussion, if you plan on editing video, get the Mac, every review and YouTube video I have seen indicates that Apple built these ARM based Macs to target the professional audio and video market.
Thank you for the reply. My main concern with the Mac is that 16 GB of RAM is very little for video editing and I cannot afford a mac with more RAM.
There is a person on YouTube that tests mini PCs. He basically tests them for how they perform running games. I don’t know how gaming compares to video encoding/processing. I assume they are both intense. This person keeps a Google Docs spreadsheet of all that he has tested. If your interested in his opinion search for “Retro Games Corps” on YouTube. In the description box below the video (after clicking “Show more”) there will be a link to his Mini PC spreadsheet.