VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have captured about 15-16 hours of video footage so far and have converted it to mp4 using virtualDUB and this is the first time i am seeing this issue. As you can see in the picture if i turn on deinterlace on it cuts this section of the video like it is showing it only does this at some portions of the video. I have turned off all other filters MSU, crop, resize and they dont make a difference only the deinterlacer does this. Any ideas? I have also tried diffrent deinterlacing methods yadif, bob and the other one yadif is the best but when ever the camera spans fast this happens. if i load other videos i have captured using the same setting it looks beautiful in virtualdub side by side.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-28 153927.png
Views:	55
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	72735  

Last edited by MrKool; 28th Jul 2023 at 14:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your capture has some fields that are half of one field and half of another. You can usually verify this by comparing the previous and next fields -- you'll see that one half that field matches one, the other half matches the other. Many capture devices do this on occasion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. here is a video clip showing what is actually happening.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. this is the lossless interlaced video i think my source camera might be dying

there is a line in the middle of the videos in all tapes it kinda goes away on slow video but if there is fast action going on it shows up
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post a sample of the raw capture if you need help

ok, you did it while I was writing
    Quote Quote  
  6. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The fields themselves are bad inside the capture, is not a deinterlacing problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	x.png
Views:	96
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	72739
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks lolol I posted another question in camera help as I think it is a source play back issue my camcorder might be dying after 29 years
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was able to fix the existing video with AviSynth:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("Pakistan Camera (20230728-1744).avi") 

top = Crop(0,0,-0,288).AssumeTFF()
    bot = Crop(0,289,-0,-0).AddBorders(0,0,0,1).AssumeTFF() # shift the lower half up by one scan line

StackVertical(top, bot)
    QTGMC() # or some other deinterlacer
    You still have other severe problems with random frames popping up here and there.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. And with a few manual commands the intermittent backward jumps can be repaired too.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. wow jagabo you guys on this forum are amazing having said that i got no clue how to use avisynth i downloaded but there is no gui and i am a GUI guy i even ran the video through neat plugin and it still didnt look anything like what you showed in yours.
    Quote Quote