VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper version 2.1.50 to copy my extensive DVD/Blu-Ray collection to a hard drive. One of my prize possessions is the complete Blu-Ray set of the Alien series.

I have ripped 5 of the 6 movies without any problem, but Prometheus is causing me fits. When I rip it, there is a glitch about 2/3 of the way into the movie: the opening credits start showing up again, as if the track skipped! So I went back to the original Blu-Ray disc and viewed the video without ripping and found the same problem.

However, when I ran it through the Blu-Ray player on my TV, it played fine. I thought the problem was my LG external Blu-Ray player, but other software also plays the movie fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Normally people have to PAY for advertising........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Um - I'm confused. What did I advertise? I only mentioned the product I was using and the blu-ray disc.

Now, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to answer. If not, step aside.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes Heck, what are you on about?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Yes Heck, what are you on about?
    Sometimes companies without much of an advertising budget post here to create interest in their product. I don't know if that is true in this case or not.

However, I never heard of this product before today and would be wary of downloading the trial let alone paying for a copy to find out how it works.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Jul 2023 at 13:22. Reason: Fix typo
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow. I am obviously in the wrong place to ask for video help.

Good bye.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    And now the fake outrage. THAT is what I'm "on about".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You guys are hangin' on too tight.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    After you've seen a few thousand of these yourself you'll sing a different tune.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Come in spinner?!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Leawo has a review of VideoByte BD DVD Ripper on their website: https://www.leawo.org/jp/tips/videobyte-bd-dvd-%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%83%94%E3%83%B3%E3...2%B0-1352.html

I used Google Translate to read it. According to Leawo's review, VideoByte offers a month-by-month subscription for the full product that auto-renews but subscriptions can't be canceled without contacting customer service.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Usually first time posters who give a programs name we never heard of gets really upset and says goodbye,they are as hech54 described.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about the outrage.

I am a legitimate end-user. I purchased a license for the Videobyte BD-DVD ripper. Their support is non-existent - my fault for not checking that before purchasing. I am not an advertiser, in fact, I CANNOT recommend this product, in fact, I urge people to go to Leawo. I am a sucker for purchasing Videobyte BD-DVD ripper.

All that aside, I honestly need help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by socker_dad View Post
    Sorry about the outrage.

I am a legitimate end-user. I purchased a license for the Videobyte BD-DVD ripper. Their support is non-existent - my fault for not checking that before purchasing. I am not an advertiser, in fact, I CANNOT recommend this product, in fact, I urge people to go to Leawo. I am a sucker for purchasing Videobyte BD-DVD ripper.

All that aside, I honestly need help.
    have you tried makemkv ???
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually ended up purchasing MakeMKV. It works perfectly except for some of the Blu Ray movies: the audio is fine, but the picture is frozen. I can skip through the pictures, but even though I can navigate to various spots in the movie, the screen is still frozen. BD-DVD ripper handles them fine except I either have to include the subtitles (which cannot be turned off) or no subtitles at all.

Maybe I need a codec? (Whatever that is - I read it somewhere.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Years ago, I backed up my full-set of Battlestar Galactica BD’s using makemkv. However, it was not like a copy of the Disc’s (thank God). It was just a file per episode, and it was flawless. I would imagine that if I wanted to make NEW BD-R copies, I would have to Re-author each disc by adding files etc …

My subtitles came out perfectly, and I can turn them on or off. That includes when playing from a computer, or from my TV (USB 1TB Laptop Spinner-Drive connected to my WD-Live box). It works great. Most smart-TV’s have a usb port on the back now that’s supposed to work without a dedicated media box.

Mine does too, but it’s mounted on the wall and I’d have to pull it down and connect a very long usb cable to test it out. I’ll try that someday and see if it works (Samsung 74” (I think) 4K SmartTV).

makemkv hasn’t let me down. My original BD (about 1/2 of them) won’t play anymore. I’m not sire how commercial discs go bad in their box/case, but mine did. I’m glad to have put them on a HDD. I now also have a dedicated nvme (ssd blade) in my Mac Pro just for this set of files.

Anyway I’m not affiliated with anyone except my family (long ago retired), so don’t think I’m drumming up business for makemkv. I’m just really pleased with its results, and I’m unaware of any other BD ripping software personally. Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by socker_dad View Post
    I actually ended up purchasing MakeMKV. It works perfectly except for some of the Blu Ray movies: the audio is fine, but the picture is frozen. I can skip through the pictures, but even though I can navigate to various spots in the movie, the screen is still frozen. BD-DVD ripper handles them fine except I either have to include the subtitles (which cannot be turned off) or no subtitles at all.

Maybe I need a codec? (Whatever that is - I read it somewhere.)
    It doesn't seem like a codec problem. Did you burn a Blu-ray disc or store the ripped output on an HDD or USB stick? What are you using to play the output from the ripper? Did BD-DVD Ripper output a media file/files or did it produce a copy of all the Blu-ray files and folders?

If BD-DVD Ripper output is a file or files rather than a copy of all the files and folders on the Blu-ray, perhaps you can demultiplex the files and re-multiplex the audio, video, and only the subtitles that you want.
    Quote Quote