+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TubeBar View Post
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Originally Posted by dped91
    on the back of the box it does say "4:3 letterbox". But like "Goodbye Charlie" it was originally shot in VERY widescreen 2:35:1.
    That makes sense. The letterboxing will be on the top and bottom. The video was, no doubt, "designed" for a 4:3 TV.
    Yea the old crappy fake widescreen discs we used to get. I think the resolution is around 360 if it's a 16:9 video, when get into Cinema scope you have more black then video.

Bad news for you is that you need to crop out those black borders in order to watch it full screen, unless your TV has a zoom button.
    All modern TVs do (have a zoom button).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  2. [QUOTE=TubeBar;2697696]
    Originally Posted by dped91 View Post
    Regardless AnyDVD will easily deal with those. Even MakeMKV should remove any garage files.
    I installed AnyDVD trial version but I don't know if its active. With "From Hell to Texas" DVD in the drive, I right clicked on the Fox icon but there's no prompting that it's ready to rip the movie. For the destination drive I then selected my E drive storage-not system SDD-drive. I then clicked ok but still nothing. Please advise.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since I want to avoid losing quality, especially when only wanting to do something as simple as deleting small numbers of frames, Octocontrabass at Hydrogenaudio said "Personally, I'd use MKVToolNix, but LosslessCut is probably more what you're looking for. " Any experience with it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LosslessCut

Would the learning curve be short enough for my newbie brain?
    I'm no expert but I use avidemux for running custom scripts so I'll suggest it. I haven't used LosslessCut but you get similar results using AviDemux and it's easy to use. Select where you want in the video, click on A to select start point, use the keyframes button to go forward until where you want to finish removing frames, select B button then press Delete or click the red X between A & B then save the video. Job done.

[Attachment 72608 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by bar72 View Post
    Since I want to avoid losing quality, especially when only wanting to do something as simple as deleting small numbers of frames, Octocontrabass at Hydrogenaudio said "Personally, I'd use MKVToolNix, but LosslessCut is probably more what you're looking for. " Any experience with it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LosslessCut

Would the learning curve be short enough for my newbie brain?
    I'm no expert but I use avidemux for running custom scripts so I'll suggest it. I haven't used LosslessCut but you get similar results using AviDemux and it's easy to use.
    I am such a newbie that I don't even know what scripts are. What exactly are they? And how are they important to DVD and/or 2K BD editing?

But as long as your edited version looks AND sounds every bit as good as your unedited master then and easy to use editing app is obviously best for me.
    Quote Quote