VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My friend has a Canon Legria HF R86 camcorder that she has used for a couple of years. Whilst the camera has many advanced features she only uses it in Auto mode. I do the editing of her results on my PC.

Today she recorded about 70 clips that were transferred to my PC from the card. We could also see the scenes from her previous project. There are about 20.

When the card was replaced in the camera we were able to view today's clips but were unable to see the previous clips. We repeated the process several times. All the clips on the memory card can be seen and used with the card in the PC but in the camera, only today’s clips can be seen and not the previous project.

I have the full manual as a pdf on my PC but must admit that it’s all so complex that it baffles me.

Has anyone any ideas and suggestions on this please? The lady has just phoned to say that she has reformatted the card in the camera and will run some tests. She will advise.
    Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't do anything since the card was formatted and probably have other video files on it now.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. how big is the card?
    the are programs that recover such as Sandisk for one. but if over written as mentioned posibly lost. I have a motto " before doing anything make a copy and only work on the copy not the original".
    Last edited by realspeed; 16th Jul 2023 at 04:33.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks both for your replies and I appreciate what you say. I phoned the lady this morning and explained to her. I think she felt quite clever in doing the reformatting all by herself. She said that all was now fine with the card and camera.
    I would mention that we are both in our 80s and not as bright as we used to be.
    Thanks again.
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Mark Stedders View Post
    Thanks both for your replies and I appreciate what you say. I phoned the lady this morning and explained to her. I think she felt quite clever in doing the reformatting all by herself. She said that all was now fine with the card and camera.
    I would mention that we are both in our 80s and not as bright as we used to be.
    Thanks again.
    Mark
    I must be a youngster then as I have another 18 months to go before i reach 80yrs old
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm not mentioning how old the lady is - but I'm touching 90. Let me know when you reach my age realspeed.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!