VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. AIMP ver 3.6, according to several pages I've read, is supposed to have 5.1 surround capability and support for AC3/DTS. However, I cannot get it to output surround. I've tried both a 5.1 AC3 file and a 5.1 DTS file. Yet, these same files (and hundreds of videos with 5.1) output over SPDIF and play correctly on my 5.1 surround system using other software (e.g. MPC-HC, MPC-BE, VLC, etc.) I've set AIMP to Direct Sound with 5.1 Output trying its Windows Default option, and the 2 SPDIF Direct Sound options it shows. None of them will actually output AC3 or DTS. I know I could just play the files with MPC but since this is an audio-only file, I prefer to keep it in my music folder and automatically play it along with the rest of my music using AIMP. So... anyone know how to get AIMP to output AC3 and DTS? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use the latest version?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Because I have 3.6 using a customized skin that won't work with the current version. Regardless, as I pointed out in the OP, version 3.6 is supposed to support 5.1 surround sound. But, if you can provide instructions for making Aimp 5 play an AC3 file and actually send the proper signal over SPDIF to play it in 5.1 then I'm happy to obtain that info since I tested the portable version of latest Aimp 5 and it's not playing it properly either. Again, as pointed out in the OP, MPC and other software does play the file properly so it's definitely an AIMP issue.
    Quote Quote