VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, does anyone know of a way of screen recording from streaming sites and get around the black screen?. On my older Toshiba laptop running Windows 8 I was able to screen record using OBS, not sure exactly which browser (think it was with Firefox). I think that was the only screen recorder program that would work besides Bandicam. But now using my new Ideapad with Windows 11 nothing will work. Is this the OS that's doing this or the streaming site?.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Go into chromes settings and disable the option that says "Use hardware acceleration when available" OBS should then work again and not show a black screen.
    [Attachment 72386 - Click to enlarge]
    I help all that ask.
    Telegram: https://t.me/MagicianNulled
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Instead of screen recording, would be much easier to directly download. many threads on here to help you & people.
    I help all that ask.
    Telegram: https://t.me/MagicianNulled
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Magicians View Post
    Go into chromes settings and disable the option that says "Use hardware acceleration when available" OBS should then work again and not show a black screen.
    [Attachment 72386 - Click to enlarge]
    Thanks for that. I think one video I watched mention displaying the options but couldn't quite understand it. When I've used OBS before on my older laptop I found it produced alot of stuttering on playback of the file, more so later in the recording. When I used the trial version of Bandicam there was very little of this even when I used an higher quality and encoding setting.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Magicians View Post
    Instead of screen recording, would be much easier to directly download. many threads on here to help you & people.
    Thanks for that. I have a few posts on coding to download videos, but that kind of thing is way beyond my understanding. Unless there are other ways.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by techmot View Post
    Originally Posted by Magicians View Post
    Thanks for that. I have a few posts on coding to download videos, but that kind of thing is way beyond my understanding. Unless there are other ways.
    A lot depends on the sites and their encryption methods. If you are not comfortable with the command line solutions, then GUI softwares might be a lot easier for you to use. They usually offer free trials for example IDM (Internet Download Manager) has 30 days fully functional trial or check the StreamFab products they offer 3 trials on almost all their modules, which is barely enough to see if they are good for any specific site and they are very expensive even when they have a sale.
    You can check the list in the forum's software section.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Originally Posted by Magicians View Post
    A lot depends on the sites and their encryption methods. If you are not comfortable with the command line solutions, then GUI softwares might be a lot easier for you to use. They usually offer free trials for example IDM (Internet Download Manager) has 30 days fully functional trial or check the StreamFab products they offer 3 trials on almost all their modules, which is barely enough to see if they are good for any specific site and they are very expensive even when they have a sale.
    You can check the list in the forum's software section.
    I've heard people say that they can ban if they find that you are downloading, how likely that is I don't know. I can't imagine most people who download/rip from streaming sites will be paying to use a downloader.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On this site, only streaming sites that don't need subscription are allowed to be discussed. Therefore there is no reason to be banned.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    On this site, only streaming sites that don't need subscription are allowed to be discussed. Therefore there is no reason to be banned.
    Most streaming sites do need subscription. I meant the streaming site itself not this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Most streaming sites do need subscription. I meant the streaming site itself not this forum.
    I understand that. My comment was a remider of the forum rules not to discuss sites that need subscription.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I understand that. My comment was a remider of the forum rules not to discuss sites that need subscription.
    No worries, but odd why there are threads about coding, you don't need to do that if it's something like youtube, Vimeo etc.

Regarding screencapturing, I don't know why VLC is outputting at an odd framerate (7fps) when I type in 25fps in the "Desired framerate for the capture" box. The outputted video is very stuttery.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are so many streaming sites in different countries besides the ones you mentioned. Although they are mostly free but only geoblocked, they use DRM to make it difficult to download.
    I don't like to use VLC except for playing videos and certainly not to screen record. IDM is my favorite downloader for non DRM sites. You can DM me if you need help.
    Quote Quote