VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey experts! I'm having some trouble recovering unfinalized camcorder dvd's to upload to youtube.

so far I've had success by creating managed ibp ibq image files with ISOBuster, then rename file extensions to mpg as shown in this video. the files play just fine in vlc, but youtube can't process them the files are missing all properties beside size so its my understanding that it is essentially just raw MPEG frames right?

I've seen threads talking about ISOBuster to get .VOB then demux/remux with other software but I haven't seen any actually detailed instructions on how to do this. also the more steps to the preccess = more headache as there are about 20 discs total.

I was thinking to next try https://www.dvdvobtompg.com/ but I'm worried it might have the same issues. would love some guidance in case anyone has a better suggestion!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you already have the files as MPEG, try opening them in Handbrake or AVIDemux (both can be run in Portable mode so they don't install). If you can open them, you can then re-save them for YT.

If you've got a file that's less than 500mb you can attach it here for the forum to analyse.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    If you already have the files as MPEG, try opening them in Handbrake or AVIDemux (both can be run in Portable mode so they don't install). If you can open them, you can then re-save them for YT.

If you've got a file that's less than 500mb you can attach it here for the forum to analyse.
    I appreciate your help!

Forgot to mention I already tried handbrake. says "no valid source or titles found" and just installed AVIDemux, it says "cannot find a demuxer/could not open file"

I was able to convert/save with vlc but standard mp4 with h264 left noticeable (compression artifacts?) scan lines. converting keeping original audio and video tracks lead to skips and audio desync. I don't know enough about audio and video codecs to really know what I'm doing there haha

I attached the smallest one. the rest are mostly full DVDs so 1-1.26GB
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting VLC player is the only prog I have that will open this. Those jaggies look like interlacing, but aren't removed from the MP4 in Virtual Dub's deinterlacer. But VLC Player deinterlaces it OK; it's a case of being able to open the MPEG.

This will be one for the video experts to open, tidy up and deinterlace.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I've worked out a way.

"Convert" it in VLC Player to an MPEG (I chose 6000kbps).

With that MPEG, I was able to open it in Handbrake. Set the frame rate to same as source, and in Filters, choose Deinterlace to BWDIF.

The resulting MP4 looks good to me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I think I've worked out a way.

"Convert" it in VLC Player to an MPEG (I chose 6000kbps).

With that MPEG, I was able to open it in Handbrake. Set the frame rate to same as source, and in Filters, choose Deinterlace to BWDIF.

The resulting MP4 looks good to me.

I'm curious what it says for duration on that one you did. not sure which MPEG to go with for container/ codec. I tried it with .mp4, MPEG-1 codec and MPEG audio. looks good but duration is short of the original. should be 2:54.

I appreciate your help! always love learning from others. I was able to rename to .vob, then pass through VOBtoMPG that I linked earlier and it spat out an mpg that youtube accepted and looks as good as the original (as far as I can tell) so I'm gonna go with that way.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jolly good!

Just tried DVDVOB2MPG myself, works a treat.

Is that dayglo green tractor articulated somehow? I see the exhaust pipes moving independently.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can also use MPEG Corrector available on this site although no longer developed however it works just as well after testing it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Another option is to run it through mpg2cut2 to save a "normal" mpg

For youtube, you can double rate deinterlace to 59.94p to keep the motion, and upscale to 1280x720 or higher . It's the minimum resolution on YT that streams 50p/59.94p

If you upload as is, you will get youtube's deinterlacer, and 29.97p. There are better deinterlacing options in avisynth, such as QTGMC

I'd consider fixing the "overbrights", there will be details lost in the bright areas like clouds
    Quote Quote