VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an extreme test for the experts...

I don't know how these horizontal lines got onto the video but they seem to be reasonably "consistent". Neat Video reduces the effect by about half, so it is still quite annoying.

Can AVISynth do anything with it?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Captures & Restoration lollo's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    quick attempt using the very destructive FixRipsp2 without masking and without specific setting for different portions (did not try NeatVideo)

comp.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. You might be able to adapt this script that I wrote, with considerable help from StainlessS:

Bad 1950s Kinescope - Hopeless?

This is the "before/after" video:

1955 NFL Football Noise Bars Before-After

The problem is somewhat similar to yours in that it involved tracking a moving horizontal "line." In my case it was a single noise bar; in your case, it is multiple, much narrower lines. In both cases, the key to success is to be able to identify the horizontal area to which you want to apply some "fix." In your case, the video is obliterated in the lines, so you will not want to simply apply a gamma adjustment. Instead, you will want to apply some sort of filter that replaces the line with adjacent pixels, like a delogo filter.

So, I don't have the exact answer, but this might give you one of the essential pieces.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Lollo and John, I'll have a look at those.
    Quote Quote